3

Party Poison's POV

We walked into the restaurant and waited to be seated. It still amazed me how much Battery City has changed over the years. If we Fab Four, walked into here, three-four years ago, we'd probably get all of BL/ind called on us just for living.
Never would I have thought I'd want to live in the zones around Battery City. None of us. But, we were given a good deal by the new management of the utopia. This is home.

Sadly, that came with a loss of fame. I never wanted to be a killjoy just to be famous. I just wanted to change the world. And that we did. But now it's over and we're just normal citizens like everyone else. I snap out of my realization when our waitress came to ask what we'd like to drink. Upon orderings, The waitress stared at us for a second after an order with an awakening realization. "Hey, Wait, are you guys the Fabulous Killjoys?" she gasped.

I snickered a smile and she asks for a picture. She gets back to getting our drinks and we just sit there minding our own business, as the five of us do. Girlie was coloring a restaurant activity sheet as the other three were on their phones. "Aren't I a bit old for you to still be getting me activity sheets?" she sighed at me. "You're never too old for creativity," I say.

"When can I get a phone?" She asked. "Erm..." I muttered taking out her book from the bookstore, and just handed it to her, imminently grabbing her attention. I looked around at the table. Kobra, Ghoul, and Jet just scrolled on their phones. I felt incompetent with everything. As if I've failed to be capable of solving everyone's problems. I put my head down on the table where I had space.

I must've caught Fun Ghoul's attention, cause he brushed his hand on my hair, which was a gentle move from him. "You okay Poison?" he asked. "I think." I sighed. "Wanna take a walk?" He asked. "Sure." I shrugged. We told the others our orders so we'd have them by the time we got back.

We walked outside the outlets just talking about nonsense like we always did. It could be the most absurd conversation, but Ghoul would pick up on my tone, expressions, and mannerisms and work from there. "Party, are you alright? Actually?" he asks again. I just give a nod of reassurance. "Was it the waitress knowing who we are? If that's bothering you, I can talk to her about it," he told. I just shook my head.

"Is it Kobra?" he asked. "Not exactly. It's never Kobra's fault for feeling this way on the anniversary of a very traumatic experience." I responded. "So, what is it? You know you can tell me anything."
"Ghoul, I miss being a killjoy." I sigh. It wasn't the easiest thing to let out and I know he'd get confused. "What? But we are, Pois! Are you feeling okay? We are the Fabulous Killjoys-"

"No, Ghoul. We were the Fabulous Killjoys. Now we're just some norms who live in what used to be a restaurant. Don't you ever miss old Battery City? The desertedness? Or the adrenaline rushes? You miss none of that?" I asked. "You mean being poor and eating one canned meal a day? No! Par, our lives have gotten better since we stopped BL/ind! Think about it this way, we're finally living in a paradise!" he went on about. "A paradise? I guess that's reasonable." I huffed.

"I guess I just miss what we all had back then." I stammered. "I think I get that." he smiled. "Let's head back. We can figure this out with the others if you want," he told. "Thanks, FG."

When we headed back to the restaurant where our food had been served and saw the other three already eating. "All good?" Jet-Star asked. "Yeah." Ghoul nodded. After a little more chatting I thought it was only fair to treat us well with some dessert. Once it came, I let something out to them.

"Boys. And you, lil motor baby," I smiled at Girlie. "I think it's time we established something. From now on, this day is just like any other. Kobra, Jet, we are not gonna let this day affect us. If it's the anniversary of your Route Guano dusting or not, let's not think about it. It's healthier not to. But, I'm proud of you guys for staying strong about it. Cheers to Jet-Star and Kobra Kid." I raised my glass to them. "Cheers!" we all clicked.