20.5

Girlie's POV

I knew the killjoys would find me. The units took me immediately from the outside of the dinner, as they used a fake cat meowing in a hush as a way to lure me. Thankfully, I had a comic book in my killjoy baggy. I was able to use the heel of my killjoy boot to scrape the pages and send them flying out the back of the moving vehicle, just under the soft of the units. Once they would land on the desert floor, they'd stay stuck to the dirt and sand. Good thing I had a plan.

"They'll come! Mark my words, they'll be here soon!" I yapped words at the units that had me locked in cuffs in a strangely bright, white room with them."I'm telling you, they're coming!" "Child! Shut your mouth up now or we'll cuff that too!" they snapped. Did they know who they were speaking to? I'm not scared!

"Tell me, Did Fun Ghoul ever shut his mouth when he was lifting killjoys' spirits? Did Party Poison ever shut up when they were being the good leader they are? How bout Kobra Kid? Did Kobra ever shut up when getting a kick out of ranting about their passion for martial arts? No, and neither did Jet-Star ever shut up when he was willing to take a risk for the team's sake! If they don't dare shut up to lowlifes like you, you'll never catch me doing so!" I'm a killjoy now! Deal with it!" I gave a speech.

"Aww, the prissy brat thinks she's a big deal now. How special!" They mocked me. "I am The Girl! I'm much more than special! I'm extraordinary! I've been family to the joys for years! I'm practically their little sister!" I huffed. "I'm not arguing with a baby, just call your tantrum quits and I'll be out of your hair, and you can spend the rest of your days alone until the boss shows up."

"I'm not a baby, I'm soon to be a teenager in like... A year..." I yelled. They all just chucked and laughed at me. I felt helpless as the cuffs jingled around. Wait. Did they say something about a boss? "Whos the boss? And when does this so-called boss show up here, huh? And why do I need to be here for it, huh?" I asked. "You don't need to know that, kid." they spat.

I groaned, miserable and overwhelmed.
But I was able to sense something... I felt less overwhelmed suddenly... My family was close...They saw my sign!