💜 CaitVi

Warnings: this is just sad, insecure Vi, mentions of suicide, dont guilt people when theyre all ready hurting or i guess period in general really

Characters: Caitlyn, Vi

Side Appearances: None

Setting: their shared home

-

"You dont love me." Vi blurts, sitting up from her spot snuggled into Caitlyns chest. The couch cushions creek under her weight. Caitlyn sits up too, concern crossing her face.

"What are you talking about? Of course i love you."

"You can have any pretty girl. Any pretty girl with money, and manners, and actual kindness."

"Youre my pretty girl, Vi."

"How could you say that?!" She stands. "Just look at me! Im so fucking depressed i forget to shower, i have the same ratty ass clothes on because they feel good on my skin, and my hair is shitty because i cut it with razor blades! What about me is pretty?!"

"Your heart." Caitlyn stands in front of her. "Your mind. Your unwavering will to keep going. You wake up every morning, and you take on the day like its nothing. Even though you hurt, you dont let the day bring you down."

"No, but i let my head. I let my head because everything screams im not good enough. Fuck, even your fathers liquor cabinet reminds me! You wont let me let go, and i cant stop dragging you down." Tears roll down her face. She slaps Caitlyns hands away when she goes to wipe them. "I was going to end it all this morning. Wrote you a note, wrote my sister a note. It was going to be perfect. A wrong landing, thats all it had to be." Cold, broken cackles leave Vis throat. "But then you took the day off. Youre wasting time and income on someone like me. All i do is drag you down."

"Ive earned plenty more than enough days off. Days i wish to spend with the girl of my dreams. I dont tell her i love her to keep her trapped, i tell her i love her because i genuinely do. With every fiber of my being Violet."

"Youre just saying that. I punched my kid sister and abandoned her when she needed me most."

"Are you about to punch your girlfriend when she needs you most? You might as well punch your sister whilst youre at it. You just healed with her, and now youre leaving her again? Leaving me? You almost got me killed, you were there when your sister killed my mother, and now youre leaving?"

"Dont guilt me any worse." A shuddering breath wracks Vis body, her chest heaving. "Thats why i need to go! I need to go, and never come back! Im only going to hurt you and hurt her and hurt myself! Im toxic, im nothing. I need to go, Caitlyn."

"Till death do we part. You dont get to choose that death. Nature chooses it. If you go, im right there beside you i guess but im out of options."

"No, no Cait you cant die. Not this soon, youre so good to everyone, please dont go when i go."

"I will stay if you do. Therapy, lots of it. Or we go down like Romeo and Juliet."

Leaving this open ended because i would like to hear your thoughts. Im aware this is not at all how this type of conversation should be had, but i feel like Caitlyn wouldnt understand what to say to get to Vis heart without guilt, and Vi seems like someone who spirals.