Introduction of Chitrangada

"Ohh. You are a girl?!!!"

He opened his eyes wide in shock. Not in his faintest nightmare he thought that she would be a girl!! When first, he touched her hands he discovered them were so soft. That's why he then suggested her to perform in soft arts. But he did not know!! What had he done in ignorance??!!!

He closed his eyes too tightly. Tears streamed out of her big lotus like eyes. (for this he was called as 'Padma Palas lochan'.) He had now suddenly felt so vastly ashamed of himself. He had surely disgraced himself. He had to do his 'prayschit' (atonement).

She looked at him in equal shock

She looked at him in equal shock. Some kind nervousness was brewing in her now. Why suddenly he stopped himself?!! Did he hate her now by knowing her true identity?!!

"Are you really Arjuna??!!" She asked him in her normal girly voice.

Her voice rang so sweet in his ears. So like her sweet calm personality and her breathtaking beauty. He did not dare to look at her and dodged the question. He then tried in asking her introduction.

"Devi, khama kijiye (Miss, I am sorry)

"Devi, khama kijiye (Miss, I am sorry). Can I know your introduction?!!"

She said in proud manner "I am the one and only Princess Chitrangada, the sole daughter of great King Chitra Vahan and his Queen Vasundhara of Manipur region."

"I am so sorry, Devi Chitrangada, I am a sinner. I had made a big mistake to fight a dual with you. I don't usually fight with girls."

"What's the problem with the girls?!! Do you think that girls can't be a warrior or they are inferior than males? Do you?" She yelled angrily.

He did not looked at her or opened his eyes. He slowly said that -

"Devi, I did not think that females are inferior than the males. You yourself are the prominent example of it. Any male warrior, like Angaraj Karna or Nishadraj Eklavya, will think twice before indulging into a bloody fight against me. I appreciate your effort and bravery. Hat's off to you." He told her slowly in choked voice.

"Then why don't you kill me?" She then asked him angrily.

"I don't kill girls. I consider all of them more higher than males." He then answered her.

"Then what you want to do? You have already took my hands. Either you will kill me or marry me." She yelled aloud.

"What?!!" He opened his big eyes on shock. "Why should I have to marry you, Devi??!! I aready admitted my mistake and asked for your sincere forgiveness." He told it to her.

She stomped her feet like an child and answered him "No. There is just two options: either marry me or kill me in duel."

"Devi, you are being unreasonable. I simply can't marry you." He answered her in confident voice. "I am going to the forest to cultivate in your forest. Please don't disturb me."

He then sat down and started to utter "AUM" mantra loudly

He then sat down and started to utter "AUM" mantra loudly. He immediately started to meditate then and there.

"Hey, you. Stop the foul or marry me." She shouted in vain.

He was deep in meditation. She fell down on her feet in front of him. In her whole life she never felt so much humiliated. She wanted to die at once. This kind of humiliation was just unbeareable for the dignity of any princess. She wanted to avenge her insult. She wanted him. At any cost.

************************************