Ulupi's Repent of Sin

Her eyes got teary in a second. Those who are most affected by her lies were now helping her. Why did they come here?!! She was blaming herself. Why she had done that?!! It was a sin by itself.

She got up with effort and calmly told to Chitrangada in broken heart -

"I did wrong to you, sister. I am the main culprit."

"What are you talking about??!!" Her young sister was asking her in shock.

Ulupi turned to Babrubahan and put a slight pressure on his shoulder to tell "Son, go. Talk to your grandfather. I need some alone time with your mother. Just some mintues. Ok?!!"

He nodded and went to meet King Basuki.

Ulupi turned to Chitra and grabbed her hands tightly. Chitra looked at her with interest. What was she wanted to talk with her?!! Why privacy was so necessary for her??!!

Ulupi, as if by reading her mind, told her assuringly "Sister, I had made a gravest sin in my life. But as a mother I am ashamed to acknowledge it in front of our son."

"What are you talking, didi (sister)?!! Tell me frankly." Chitra asked her.

"It was me who lied to Arjuna about your character." She truthfully told Chitra in almost choked voice.

"But why?!! Simply why??!!" Chitra asked her by grabbing her sister's both hands. Those words roamed in her minds.

"Jealousy. He was so deeply in love with you. I was jealous. I came in the words of my mother and that evil Chandok who constantly poisoned my mind against you. I thought by opting you out of his life I would get him in my life back. I was so naive. So fool. So gullible. He left you but he never came back to me again. I lost him and his love forever. And now I had lost his last symbol, our son, Iravan, too in the Kurukshetra war." Ulupi told Chitra everything truthfully. Tears were flooding his eyes. She looked truly sorry for what had she done.

Chitra closed her mouth with both of her hands too tightly. Her eyes went more big than ever.

"I had been repenting for my sin since then. I am living as my death never came to me. But actually I was long dead. Just like you." Ulupi sighed hard and then she suddenly laughed aloud. Like a maniac.

"Didi. Didi. Stop it. Stop it at once." Chitra tried to control her in vain.

She burst into a heartfelt cry just after that. "Chitra, I snatched him from you. I snatched him. I poisoned his mind against you. And that evil Chandok by giving money to your guards entered into your private bedroom chamber just when he was entering your room. He ran after him but that evil cunning Chandok ran away. Arjuna suspected that he was your lover and he had come to meet you in secret. He in rage blamed you and abandoned you." She cluched Chitra's hands tightly.

"But what did you tell him?!!" Chitra asked her. Her brain did not realize what was going on.

"I told him half-truth. I told him that in your wedding night you came out to meet a man. It was the truth as you went to meet Kam Dev who was a man. But I told him a lie too. Because you went to meet a woman too. Kam Dev's wife Rati Devi. But he was so very possesssive about you that he did not ask me about an evidence. He had believed that you were really cheating him for another man. I even poisoned his mind so much against you that he would not believe you even if you told him that you were carrying his child. It was my fault, Chitra. I did not know. I did not know about your pregnancy. Nobody informed me. Unless I would not do that sin. Never. Can you trust me?!!!" Ulupi cluched Chitra's hands to her own chests while asking her once more "Can you ever forgive me ever??!! Can you??!!" This time her voice was dripping in anxiety.

Chitra's mind was racing in full speed.
She did not know whose fault it was. Her fate's or her elder sister's??!!

She lifted her moisted eyes to Ulupi and answered "I will. If you bring the Nag-Moni and save his life. I will do anything for him. Just anything."

Ulupi looked at her sister in surprise. Perhaps now she would understand that true love remained in sacrifice. A true lover would surrender happily his or her everything in another's feet without any expectaction. Snatching a man away from another girl could not gave anyone access to his heart. That would ultimately hurt oneself. Fate would snatch everything from the sinner. Everything. Love. Life. Bliss. Husband. Son. Happiness. Everything.

************************************