Seeking Help of Rati Devi

"Nooo.. Don't say this." She scremed aloud.

He smiled and told her "I am sorry, Devi. I can't help you. But someone does."

She joined her hands tohether and practically begged him "Tell me, Dev, who is he? I will please him through my meditation."

He smiled again and said "Devi, it is not a he, but a she. My wife. Rati. She can help you."

"Then Dev, tell me the procedure to please your wife. I will do anything to please her." She desperately told him.

"You don't need to do anything. I will call for her on your behalf." He waved his hands to his right and his wife all of a sudden appeared beside her.

Rati Devi was also smiling sweetly and narrowed her eyes a little to her husband. She knew that he had great faith on her and he would never do anything behind her back. She then pressed her lips together to smile more sweetly. Her attitude made her husband bashful.

                      Devi Rati

                      Devi Rati

"Rati, Devi, help this innocent girl." By saying this he disappeared in thin air.

Chitra bowed to him. And to his wife, Rati Devi, too.

"He Devi (Hail Godess), help me. I want to win over a man's heart. I am a woman but I don't feel like one. Let me be a woman in soul too." She then kneeled on her feet in front of her deity.

Rati Devi smiled and told her "Okay. I will help you. But in one condition. You need to pay your tribute when I will tell you."

"I agree to it, Devi. I will do anything."
Chitra assured her.

Rati Devi being pleased to her gave her elaborate lessons on womenhood:

"Ok. Then let's start our lesson no. 1. Put some 'Sringar' (makeup) on your face.

Lesson no. 2. Put some heavy and light 'alankar' (jewelries) on your body.

Lesson no. 3. Do some 'harkat' (some girlish behavior) like being bashful, batting eyelashes, closing and opening eyelids frequently, rolling eye purple, twisting and tossing hair etc.

Lesson no. 4. Do some kind of 'latke jatke' (some silly movements) like swinging your hips while walking, walking slowly, talking timidly and answering meekly, using joking but not sarcastic tone on a man etc.

Lesson no. 5. Don't do something cheap like don't go in front of a man to beg for his love or compassion. Use some techniques like talking with your friends at bath or else to express your desire, instead of directly telling it frankly. Men never like straight- forward girls.

Lesson no. 6. Don't force a man to marry you. Use your charm and beauty to win his heart, not his body. He will be enslaved by you forever.

And most importantly lesson no. 7. Don't fight a man with armor, bow and arrow, sword or knife. Use your eyes to throw arrow in his heart. Use your smile to pierce it in many pieces.
Use your charm to enchant him to insurt in his soul like a sharp knife. Use your dancing skills to rull him instead of a sword."

"Devi, teach me then. Take me as your urnest disciple." Princess Chitrangada requested her.

Rati Devi smiled again and patted her forehead lovingly by saying -

"Okay. Rajkumari, I will try to teach you everything in 3 days that usually takes 3 months. But don't forget my 'Gurudakshina' (debt of teacher on his or her pupil). I will make you the queen of your man's heart now in no times."

Poor princess did not know how huge burden of this 'gurudakshina' would be on her weak shoulders. She could win her Arjuna but for a few days.

************************************