Chandok's Murder by Vasudeva

"Chandok. Stop at once."

King Vasuki's angry outburst rang in everyone's ears. Chandok with a jolt looked back and discovered so many people had gathered together at the gate. King Vasuki, Queen Bishabahini, Princess Ulupi with Princess Chitra of Manipur and a fierce-looking fighter boy of 19 whom Chandok knew very well. He had received every news of Babrubahan since his birth. He had spies spread in Manipur to give him his news. His brain shouted one thing "Run. Chandok, run. Don't give the gem to them. Don't let them bring back Arjuna."

He sharply turned back and bolted through the window

He sharply turned back and bolted through the window. Babru followed him with great force.

Queen Bishabahini smacked her forhead while whispering this "Only if I could get a hint of his ruthlessness before!!!"

"Daman will be still with us then, Mother." Ulupi knelt before her loyal friend's corpse in moisted eyes. She closed Daman's opened eyes slowly. Her heart felt pain for this sacrifice of Daman.

"What will we do now? How to stop him? We need the gem at any cost." Anxious Chitra asked King Vasuki.

"Don't worry, Putri (daughter). Leave it on Lord Vasudeva. He will punish this sinner." He assured her.

But her heart was not listening. The time was very short. Too short. She could feel it.
....

Lord Vasudeva smiled. He knew it all. He knew everything. Nothing in this world remained secret to him. He knew this was his time to show his power. He realized that he had to end Chandok. Now.

Chandok was running in the open ground. He left the water and Nag Lok and was running for his life. That boy was a fierce fighter. He stopped him twice to snatch the gem from his hands. But he would not give it back. He would never gave back life to Arjuna. At last his plan was being successful. Why would he stop at the nick of the moment??!! But he did not know where was he going. His brain instructed him to run and so he was running without looking at the surrounding. He did not know that he unknowingly came to the same war ground where Arjuna's body was still left in open.

Suddenly he stopped in his track. He was huffing aloud. His eyes were blurry too. He narrowed his eyes to focus on the silhoutte standing right in front of him.

"Hey, move

"Hey, move." He cried.

No response.

"I said move. At once." Chandok was gritting his teeth in anger.

But the man was still standing before without a little sign of movement. He was looking at him with interest.

"You?!!" At last Chandok had been able to recognise the man before him.

Lord Krishna Vasudeva smilled at him brightly while answering him "Yes. It's me. You have rightly guessed."

"Let me go. Don't block my road. Shoo. Shoo." He tried to scare Lord Krishna in vain.

"Whom are you trying to shove, he (oh mr.) Chandok??!! Look at me. I am a human being, not a fly that you are shooing off." Lord Vasudeva told him with a big grin.

"Look, mr. Gowala (milk-man, Lord Krishna was known as a milkman due to his fosterparents who were milk supplier of Gokula province), I have no time to talk to you. Leave my road unless I will kill you." He tried to scare his opponent once more.

Babrubahan at this time rached to Chandok and tried to catch him from behind but stopped after receiving the signal of his uncle, Lord Vasudeva.

"You have to be punished severly. You have done so many sins but remains unpunished till now." Lord answered him.

"Who will punish me?!! You?!! Fuh!!" Chandok spat on the ground in deep hatred.

Lord Vasudeva smiled more. "Yes. This milk-man is bound to punish you for your sins." He answered.

"What sins??!!" Chandok asked.

"Sin 1. Wanted to snatch down the land of your own King. (King Vasuki)

Sin 2. To break trust of your own king and your own Nag people.

Sin 3. To toy with a mothers emotion to her daughter. (Queen Bishabahini)

Sin 3. To try to have illecit thoughts of a married woman. (Princess Ulupi)

Sin 4. To provoke an unsuspecting girl (Ulupi) against her husband (Arjuna).

Sin 5. To destroy the marital bliss of another newly married pregnant girl by evoking baseless suspicion on her husband's mind. (Princess Chitra)

Sin 6. To destroy the loving relation of a father and son and to make a young boy craving for father's love till his early youth. (Babrubahan)

Sin 7. To hurt the feelings of a dead son by thinking improperly of his mother and harming his father. (Iravan)

Sin 8. Not to respect to the departing souls. (Brishaketu & Arjuna)

Sin 9. To steal the gem Nag Moni from your own people and by killing your own guards. (To Nag clan)

Sin 10. To kill your own loving and trusting wife, Devi Daman, by your own hands.

Since 11. To kill your own unborn child in it's mother's womb.

Now tell me which of this sins looked punishable to you, great Chandok?!!"

Lord Vasudeva asked him in cold voice.

Chandok had suddenly developed a cold feet. Lord Krishna Vasudeva's logics were irrefutable. He had been realizing that he would be punished for his crimes now. He wanted to run but could not. He wanted to protest but could not. He wanted to scream but could not. Some unknown force was stopping him in his track.

Lord Vasudeva shut his eyes to call for his weapon, Sudarshan Chakra (a very deadly weapon to cut out someone's head). It appeared and glowed even at the night.

Chandok backed away in extreme fear. He knew his time had come now.

"No. No. Please. No. For God's sake."

He cried in despair on the top of his lungs.

"At last you have remembered the God whom you forgot before." By telling this Lord Krishna released his Chakra.

Chandok ran away with loud cries of fear. His feat was killing him inside. The Sudarshan Chakra was following him with loud noise.

He fell down but got up. He jumped the rocks and slipped on the grass. He hurt his knees and toes but he kept running. The weapon was following him behind. After some time he got tired. He looked back at the weapon behind him while panting hard.

Suddenly his feet slipped and he was falling down. At the nick of this moment the Sudarshan Chakra had reached it throat and its sharpest blade touched him. He opened his mouth to scream in vain. Before a single sound could come out of his throat, it slashed open from his body. His head fell down on the floor while his body made a violent jerk for a last time. And then everything gone still. The gem fell down from his grasp. He could not be able to keep it to him anymore.

Babrubahan was looking at the scene from behind with a shock. His tired brain falied to understand what was going on.

Lord Vasudeva lifted the gem in his hands and patted Babru's shoulder. With a big smile in face he told this boy -

"Come child. We don't have much time left in our hands."

************************************