Seeking Help of Kamadev

"Mahatman (great soul), help me. I don't know what to do in this case."

She was asking help of Kamadev, the famous Hindu God of love.

          Kam Dev & Rati Devi

          Kam Dev & Rati Devi

Till four days she was inside her room alone and meditating. She was day and nights thinking about the reasons of her failures. Why she failed at all?!!

When she opened her eyes on the fifth day she had small amount of fever. Her parentd were also afraid for her. Sujata rushed into the room. She was huffing and still breathless.

"Princess, what happens to you?" She asked Chitra who was at this moment half-unconscious in fever.

Chitra murmured in feverish state "Ah.. Arjuna" when Sujata closed her mouth with both hands. Her brain had told her evrrything. She knew the real reasons of Rajkumari's this state. But she had to stop her blabbering. There was a reason.

King Chitra Vahan and his beloved Queen Vasundhara were running to the bedpost of their only daughter.

"What happens to her?!!" Queen asked in sheer impatience.

"Nothing so serious, Maharani (Your Majesty). She has slight fever. I will prepare some 'lep' (oinment) and 'ausadhi' (medicine) for her. She will be back in health in no times." Sujata assured her.

She did the same and within three days Chitra became alright. Sujata did her best to save her childhood friend's life. But her mental state was not good till now. Any man could see that in naked eyes.

"What happened that auspicious day, Rajkumari? Tell me kindly." Sujata asked her.

Chitra lowered her eyes and batted her eyelids. She was now at this nick of moment in most uncomfortable state. She had to confide it to some reliable person. And none other than her childhood friend Sujata would be better in this role. Hence she decided to tell her everything and told her.

Sujata was actually a very patient girl who did not loose her head on any such crucial moment. She listened it in detail without interrupting her friend's confession. She understood that the man who would blossom her friend's love must be some extra-ordinary man like Madhyam Pandav Mahavir Arjuna himself. Chitrangada was destined for Arjuna and her fate was related to only him.

    Devi Sujata (Friend of Chitra)

She calmly understood everything and suggested that - "Why don't you seek help from Kamdev? He was a God of love himself. He would surely help you."

"Are you sure of that?!! I mean do you really think he will help me?!!" Chitra snatched Sujata's hands and put it in her chest. She was anxious to know the result.

"I am assuring you, Rajkumari, he will surely help you. You should go on to meditate of him." Sujata showed her the temple of Kamdev where Chitra was agreeing to go.

Since then she was standing on one leg and constantly chanting the pray Mantra of Kamdev.

Kamdev, in the heaven, was sitting with his wife. His brows brewed in enjoyment while his wife, Rati Devi, asked him - "Who is calling for you at this time, Dev (my Lord)?!!"

He got up and said in pleasant face "Let's see." Then he put an assuring hand on his wifes shoulder "I don't have great chance to meet female admirers recently. I am going to ask her."

Then he disappered from heaven and appeared in the earth in front of Chitrangada. He told her -

"Devi (disciple), open your eyes. Tell me what you want."

She opened her eyes instantly and by seeing him in front of him she at once touched his feet by saying -

"Dev, I am a woman in body but not in heart. Please tell me how to be it."

He smiled and told her "I can't help you. Sorry."

************************************