Arjuna In Love Again

Arjuna stood lifeless in the royal court in between the cheering and rejoicing men and women. His eyes were still fixed on just one person's face. That one was standing far from him. She herself was also lifeless and her big eyes were dull and motionless. She was stiff in some unknown fear of any upcoming calamity. Princess Chitra was standing there looking at all yet looking at nothing. Her vacant eyes were not excited or happy a bit.

He felt a tug in his heart

He felt a tug in his heart. It was false to say that he had nothing for her. He felt a strong passion for her at first sight when he saw her first as a boy. He was naturally driven to her. When he saw her real face after that fierce duel between them his heart stopped at once. He could not forget how she looked that day. Her hip-long hair, flowing on the air and glowing in the brightest sunlight, revealing her face partially and her slowly lifting her face to him with arrogance and great surprise increased his heart beat to such amount that he thought it would come out of his chest. He thought that she was mesmerizing. Her simplicity yet her stubbornness stole his heart, yet he controlled it by remembering of his wife Ulupi. He would not be afforded to fall in love once more. But he could not lie that he felt a strong desire for her.

But when she changed her attire and behavior and came to him begging for his love, he felt disgusted suddenly

But when she changed her attire and behavior and came to him begging for his love, he felt disgusted suddenly. He was in love with her simplicity and bravery, not with her this side. This side of her did not suit her. Ulupi was natural with her grace and charm but Chitra was supremely unnatural here. He felt bad to reject her day after day but he did not want to cheat Ulupi.

But this day Chitra outshined herself. As a Princess she had proved her own mettle. Her insight would prove her a worthy princess. He felt him getting soft on her. He felt he was falling in love once more. What he should do in this context??!! He felt so helpless. He never thought that he could fell soft for two different girls at the same time. But he did not want to marry again, even though his heart started fluttering for Chitra too.

He closed his eyes tightly and then slowly opened them. His eyes once again searched for her. But this time Chitra had disappeared from the court. Where she was gone he did not know.
.....

"Are you sure, Rajkumariji (princess), that it is a good idea?!! I mean if we continue the peace treaty with him, then you have to face him. Can you then forget him??!! Ever??!!" Sujata asked her.

               Her friend Sujata

Her friend Sujata

Chitra was roaming at their garden with childhood friend Sujata. She was gloomy since the royal court incident. Sujata was wise enough to properly understand the reason behind it. Arjunas refusal to marry her was the readon of her friend's gloomyness.

Chitra smiled lifelessly to answer her "Don't worry. As a princess, I know my limitation."

Sujata looked at her face in shock. Her friend's eyes were still vacant. It lost it's natural brightness.
....

"Keshav, tell me what to do? I don't know what to do." Arjuna asked his friend Lord Vasudeva.

       Lord Krishna Vasudeva

Lord Vasudeva had many different supernatural qualities, teleportation was one among them. Whenever his friends or disciples were in danger and called for him, he appeared at once. This time was no exception.

Lord Vasudeva smiled brightly and told him "Do what your heart tells you. What can I tell you??!!"

"Please, Keshav, help me. I am in deep moral dilemma. I don't want to cheat or deceive my wife Ulupi." Arjuna told this to his friend.

"Do you know that as a Prince of your state, Indraprastha, you have some duty to perform? In politics, you have some limitations. To expand the royal territory of your state, you have to marry several Princesses from several states. Ulupi, Chitrangada and even Subhadra are all part of the politics. You have to marry them all, Partha (Arjuna). You have been sent here to marry them all." Lord Vasudeva told him with bright smile.

Arjuna stared hard at his frieinds face for some time

Arjuna stared hard at his frieinds face for some time. His little brain now comprehended the true reasoning behind his Peace Treaty.

"You used me as a pawn?!! How could you, Keshav??!!" Arjuna looked hurt.

Lord Vasudeva patted his shoulder in assurance to tell him "Relax, Partha. Even I have to marry thrice to three Princesses Ruksmini, Satyavama and Jambabati for security and expansion of Dwarka."

Arjuna sighed hard. When even Lord Krishna had to do the same, then how could he reject his responsibility!!!

************************************