Utter Transformation

"Is it me??!!" She looked at her own reflection in the pond with wide eyes.

Her brain did not believe that she could be that beautiful. She was not used to be dressed up as a girl, but as a young boy. She herself loved to be addressed as Prince Chitrangad, rather than Princess Chitrangada. She banished every girly objects from her quarter, restrainted herself using any girly clothes or adornments, punished herself for having any girlish desires in her mind just to please her father's quest for a boychild. But that day the big manly eyes on her body changed her within a second. She remembered her lost womanhood. And now she wanted to win him.

She stared into the pond water to admire herself. Her forehead was adorned with 'Chandan' along with 'Kumkum' (sandalwood as well as vermillion). Her smooth black hip-long hair was now tightly bound in a bun with white lilies and rose on it. Her pretty neck was adorned with 'Sitahar' as well as 'Ratanhar', her arms were adorned with 'bajubandh' and 'mantasa', her ears were adorned with long earrings and her feet were adorned with 'nupur' with 'payel' (all these are traditional Indian golden jewelaries). She looked mesmerizing in even her own eyes.

She lifted her eyes and bowed deep to Rati Devi, her 'guru' or mentor

She lifted her eyes and bowed deep to Rati Devi, her 'guru' or mentor. She felt very much obliged to her for her amazing transformation.

Rati Devi smiled sweetly at her pupil or 'Shisya'. She told her "Now go to your dream man. Your preparation is complete. I will gurantee your sucess. I will count on it. And be with you all the times. You can call me anytime."

Chitra bowed deep in gratitude.

Rati Devi warned her again "Don't you forget your debt or 'gurudakshina'. Now go."

"Thank you, Devi (Godess)." Chitra told her without lifting her head. She was still bowing in front of her deity.

"Ayusmati Vab (Long live) and Bijoyi Vab (be sucessful)." Rati Devi then disappeared in thin air too.

Chitra looked and when did not found anyone before her, she understood everything. She bolted towards the forest where her man was waiting her arrival.

Arjuna, in these three days, had now already completed his meditation and got a confusing message from Lord Vasudeva in mind. He told him -

"Partha (Arjuna's other name as his mother's real name was Pritha), do your duty. You have been sent for it."

He did not understand what his deity and his 'Mitra' (friend) Lord Vasudeva was conveying to him. He was deep in thought at that time, when he felt a soft touch on his feet. A jolt ran down his vein. The touch was familiar. The same heavenly touch when he himself mistakenly touched Manipur Kanya (girl) Chitrangada.

He looked at the girl sitting in front of him with moisted and expectant eyes. She was breathtakingly beautiful and mesmerisizingly charming. The same boyish innocent was still in her face. But he missed her simplicity yet her proud arrogance. This girl was going to deliver her life at his feet unlike her previous form.

"Aryaputro (son of an Aryan), accept me as your wife." She begged him.

He reluctantly nodded her head from both side. His heart ached to do that.

"Why not? Am I not pretty? Am I not suitable for you?" She asked him with choked voice. She did not expect him to be so stone-hearted.

He lifted his eyes and said gently "You are indeed beautiful, Devi

He lifted his eyes and said gently "You are indeed beautiful, Devi. But I can't make you my wife."

"Why not?" She asked again.

He laughed bitterly. His heart was all of a sudden going to pierce himself for uttering this cruel words to her but he had reasons to refuse her. He said -

"I am already married. Twice."

************************************