Introducing Karna Son Brishaketu

"I am Brishaketu, son of the Mahan (great) warrior Karna. I will make him proud of myself."

       Karna Putra Vrishaketu

A 16 yrs old boy was sitting uptight in water to pay his tribute to the Sun god who was also in relation his grand-father. His father Angaraj Karna was a demi-God as he was born out of Suryo (sun God) and Kunti union. When a mere human gave birth to a God's son the son would naturally became demi-God and possessed many supernatural powers. Brishaketu's father Karna was one of them. Brishaketu also was a great warrior as he had the blood of Karna, boons from Kunti, blessings of mother Padmavati and teachings of uncle Arjuna. He was the apple of the eyes of all five Pandav brothers after the end of Kurukshetra battle.

He was mostly adored by Yudhhisthir and Arjuna. Yudhhisthir's only living son was quite young then and he lived with his mother at Sivi kingdom far from Hastinapur. While Arjuna's all sons were believed to be killed in the great battle. Of course, Hastinapur was never been informed of the birth of Babrubahan as it was kept secret from them by King Chitra Vahan and his daughter Princess Chitrangada. So when Yudhhisthir sent a proposal to Manipur to join the great war the king Chitra Vahan politely refuted their urge by stating of his age and sonless state. He politely declined the offer by saying that due to age he could not join the battle and could not sent any boy as he had no son. That was indeed true but half-true. He did not have a son, but a very powerful grandson. But he did not want to disclose the secret to Arjuna as he promised his daughter earlier. Hence his younger uncle Arjuna always considered Brish (Brishaketu's petname) as his dead son Avimanyu and never ever tried to differentiate between them. Hence he, Brishaketu, was a spoiled child as he got ample amount of love, compassion and attention from elders. That was the reason behind his arrogance that ultimately took his life temporarily.

But beneath this layer of arrogance, he had same calmness, softness and benevolence and shyness of his Pita (father). He was a carbon-copy of his father. Same arrogance. Same fire. Same shyness. Same restlessness. Same softness of heart. Same timid attitude. Same bright eyes. Same glowimg face. Same buring aura of Sun God or 'teja'. And same fighting spirit. He was a spitting image of his father. That was the reason why his mother Padmavati remained worried for him most. She had already lost her husband. She did not want to loose her only living son.

But Brishaketu was not that boy who wanted to live under any fright or fear. He loved enjoyment like other young boys but understood his family responsibility too. The lose of his own father was great for his grandmother and mother. He knew that and he wanted to do anything for their love and happiness.

Brishaketu was a handsome young boy with tall astute figure, strongest torso, fair complexion, red hair, broad shoulder, medium waistline, small hips, sturdy powerful legs and long artistic fingers in long powerful arms.
He had many hobbies except sword-fighting, archery or horse-riding like music and arts. He was a great lover of music but he tactfully suppressed it from others except his friend and nephew Meghabarna and uncle Arjuna. He had been taught dance and music by Arjuna himself, so also in archery and sword-fighting.

Like his father he always prayed to Sun God at dawn. He was worshipper of Sun too. He came with his father at each day when he was very young. At the age of 5 he even tried to imitate his father and slipped on the stairs. His father rescued him but did not scold him at all. He smiled to see the young boy's silly trial of imitation. Whenever he remembered that day his eyes got moisted instantly. He never wanted anyone to know that he also missed his father very much. He loved him tenderly. He was his first hero. He liked to enchant the mantras taught by his father since his early childhood that he was repeating every day since then -

"Om Jawa Kushumo Sankansakan Kashyopayam Mahadyutin

Dhantarin Sarvo Papeghno Pranata-smi Divakaram."

He gave 'anjali' in the water to the Sun God who seemed happy to see the devotion of this young boy. His eyes were shut tightly so he could not see someone standing behind him. This incident was before his reaching the state of king Yuvanswa and meeting with princess Yuvi. It was at least 2 days ago of that day.

He turned back and stopped on the track. He expected his mother at the end stair waiting for him. But he did not expect his uncle Arjuna standing tall in front of him. What happened?!! Any problem??!! Unless kakashree (uncle) Arjuna would never come here at this early morning??!! Brish never knew that his uncle did not sleep in night at all after Kurukshetra.

He bent down to touch his uncle's feet who stopped him on his track and hugged him tightly. Brish was at first was surprised but then relaxed after sometime. His uncle's this tender side was not only for him but for all young relatives of him.

He restrained himself and whispered in his uncle's ears "Any problem?!!"

His uncle murmured softly while hugging him more tightly in his arms -

"I missed him. You reminded me of him."

Then he lifted his eyes to the sky to murmur more softly -

"I am sorry. I am really sorry, bhrata Karna. I am sorry."

Any passerby could see his eyes were flooded with tears. He was repenting his mistake wholeheartedly.

************************************