Arjun-Subhadra Story

"He came back to Dwarka to win over your own sister, Subhadra. But what about that innocent Chitrangada, Dev?" Devi Rukshmini asked this to her husband Lord Vasudeva.

Devi Rukshmini (1st Wife of Lord Krishna)

   Devi Satyavama (2nd wife of Lord Krishna)

Devi Satyavama was much more straightforward than her. She was the second and most adored wife of Lord Vasudeva. Rukzhmini was matured and reserved while Satyavama was young and straightforward. She was a herself a warrior Princess hence she felt for Chitra too.

She looked at her husband by lifting her brows slightly to her husband with the same question.

Lord Vasudeva was roaming with all of his three wives, Rukshmini, the first one; Satyavama, the second one and Jambavati, the younger one. He looked at Jamavati. She was silent but had the same question in her mind.

"I know all about your concerns. I also despise his foolishness. Devi Chitra was surely innocent." He stopped to talk and then slowly turned his face to the uprising sun to say "Subhadra was also destined to become Partha Patni (wife of Arjuna). What to do with it?"

"But, it is surely illegal. He should be punished for his guilt." Satyavama pouted her lips.

Lord Vasudeva smiled aloud and told the future to her "It is upon fate. Let fate decide his destiny."

"Then you will encourage him to now pursue Subhadra even enraging Dau (Balaram, Vasudeva's brother)." His first wife, Rukshmini, asked her.

"I will help my sister to pursue him instead." He smiled again.

"But why??!!" This time Jambavati asked him.