Chapter 31: Building a Rocket Ship and Fighting Rogue Angels

Jack and the others were starting to have a hard time understanding a math question.

"Dad," Hope called out.

Klaus showed up with a paintbrush in his hand, revealing he was planning to paint before she called him.

"Hey, I need help with the homework," Hope said, "Can help me?"

Klaus walked over and leaned down over her shoulder to see what she was doing. He picked up the homework to get a closer look while knitting his eyebrows.

"What the bloody hell am I looking at," Klaus asked, "Hold on. Luci!"

Lucifer showed up with blood on his shirt. Klaus would've asked about the blood but decided against it.

"You called," Lucifer said.

"Tell me if you understand this," Klaus said, handing the paper to him.

He looked at it for about 2 minutes before nodding.

"Yeah. This is just basic geometrical math," Lucifer shrugged.

"Basic," Klaus asked, "It looks like a formula to build a fucking spaceship."

"Close but not exactly," Lucifer said.

"Well you help the kids with their homework then," Klaus said, happily handing the assignment off to his boyfriend, "I'll be upstairs."

"Okay," Lucifer sighed, sitting down on the ground while folding his legs underneath him.

"Thank you for your help, Mr. Lucifer," Clarice smiled.

"Mhm," Lucifer smiled back.

Lucifer helped them all understand the math problems until they understood how to do them themselves.

"Hey, Mr. Lucifer," Stephanie started.

"You guys can just call me Lucifer," Lucifer said, "You don't have to add the Mister in front of it every time."

"Lucifer, then," Stephanie corrected.

"Yes," Lucifer said.

"How did you find Klaus," Stephanie asked, "Did he accidentally summon you?"

"No, not at all," Lucifer laughed, "We had seen each other while his family was on vacation at the time. Then it came to my knowledge that they were using the house next door as a vacation rental while staying there."

"So it wasn't anything horrible," Stephanie said, "It was basically bumping into each other accidentally."

"Yeah," Lucifer said, "It would be kind of different if our meet was more horrible."

"Are you going to get married at all," Derek asked.

"I plan on it one day," Lucifer said, "But I much rather Klaus be ready. I don't want to push things. Plus I've never been married before so I'm still unsure how it works."

"That sounds like it'll be fun to witness then," Landon chuckled.

"I'm sure it will be," Lucifer smiled.

There was a knock on the door and Lucifer got up to answer it. Crowley was there with pizza boxes in one hand. Lucifer took the boxes and nodded at Crowley as if telling him good work. Crowley smiled slightly but something about his smile seemed off to Lucifer. He shrugged and closed the door. Lucifer brought the boxes to the kids but froze as he placed them down. Something was terribly wrong. Lucifer teleported to where Klaus was. Klaus turned to notice Lucifer there and smiled. But Lucifer remained fixated on the spot behind him, making him uncomfortable. Klaus frowned and turned to see what he was staring at but Lucifer snapped his fingers, making him teleport to the living room. Klaus knew something was wrong now.

"Klaus," Jack said, "What's wrong?"

"I-I don't know," Klaus said, "Lucifer."

There was a scream of pain and Klaus and Jack sprinted to where the scream was heard. When they got there they saw Lucifer was slowly getting his grace spilled out of him by an unknown man. Lucifer seemed disoriented as the man noticed Klaus and Jack. He let go of him and started heading toward them.

"Run, run, run," Klaus commanded Jack.

Jack and Klaus ran downstairs and were about to reach the living room to tell the others to run but the guy was already there making everyone stand in a panic.

"Well, well," the guy said, "I figure you must be the new queen of hell."

The guy teleported in front of Klaus at quickened speed. Klaus blocked the oncoming hit fast enough to prevent major injury. The intruder smirked and pushed himself away from Klaus. Klaus sped towards him and repeatedly attacked the intruder in a rapid manner. The intruder couldn't keep up with all of the blows Klaus was giving him. Finally, Klaus punched the intruder with more strength, making the intruder fly back into the wall. Klaus took a deep breath thinking that the intruder was done for. But when he stood back up and his wounds healed themselves completely Klaus's eyes widened. Was this guy an angel? Klaus never fought one before so he didn't know what to expect from this situation. Then it occurred to him that this rogue angel managed to beat Lucifer in a fight. The angel smiled evilly and teleported out of sight. Klaus did a 360 turn and found him. But he already had Jack in his clutches. Klaus sucked in his breath.

"Surrender or the Satan Spawn gets it," the guy demanded.

Klaus looked at Jack as if trying to tell him to fight back. Jack understood and shook his head.

"I can't," Jack said.

Klaus nodded at Jack understanding that he chose to not be violent out of fear of hurting the wrong person.

"It's okay," Klaus reassured, putting his hands up in surrender.

The angel rushed at Klaus and started beating him. Klaus let him at this point, knowing that if he fought back he put the kids in danger. And who knows how many other angels are out there waiting for them to run out. Klaus finally dropped to his hands and knees coughing up blood. He felt weak and tired.

"You're nothing but a mutt," the guy growled, stabbing Klaus with a knife laced with poison.

"He's going to kill me," Klaus thought.

Suddenly the guy was flung off of Klaus. Lucifer was staggering in place while standing over Klaus protectively. The guy looked at him and laughed.

"You really are willing to die of exhaustion to protect that mutt," the guy mocked.

Lucifer's eyes shone red angrily.

"He's my queen," Lucifer said firmly, "Of course, I am!"