Chapter 32: One Gives; One Takes

The guy charged at Lucifer who moved quick enough to grab the guy's arm and slam him to the ground. Lucifer started chanting Latin as he tried to hold the guy still. Jack understood the chant clearly from learning about it by reading books in Dean's home. The guy pushed Lucifer back and grabbed his neck choking him. Lucifer struggled to breathe and get free, having been weakened by losing some of his grace.

Jack started to continue the chant, making the guy drop Lucifer and yell in pain. He looked at Jack now and started towards him. Lucifer got up and continued the chant as well.

"I will kill you, your family, and your world," the guy laughed as he slowly vanished, "Mark my words, Lucifer!"

Jack looked at where the guy left to. There was a loud thud and Jack saw Lucifer on the ground, not even looking like he was fully alive. That's when Jack heard Hope's voice, trying to get Klaus to wake up. Lucifer also heard Hope begging for him to wake up and crawled towards him.

"What are you doing," Hope asked, not understanding what he was planning.

Lucifer reached Klaus on the ground and placed his hand on his cheek. Klaus gasped and coughed, waking up from his unconscious state. That's when he noticed the poison leaving his body and that Lucifer's hand was on his face. He sat up to look at him.

"Lucifer," Klaus said, realizing that he was dying.

Lucifer looked at him and smiled softly.

"I'm sorry, Kl..."

Lucifer passed out and Klaus quickly grabbed him.

"No, No, NO," Klaus screamed, "Don't you die on me! Not now! Jack! Call someone! Anyone who can help him!"

Jack nodded and started thinking of anyone he knew that would be powerful enough to heal Lucifer back to full health. But still, Jack was also anxious at seeing Lucifer in the state he was in and Klaus panicking over him.

"Lucifer, listen to me," Klaus said, trying to get some kind of response from him, "I need you to keep breathing! Keep responding to me! I need something to know that you're still mentally aware. Something. Anything..."

Klaus didn't receive any signs that he was responsive or mentally aware. He felt tears start to push towards his eyes as he held him close.

"You can't die," Klaus choked, "You can't die. You can't die. Don't leave me here. I can't lose you too."

Jack finally thought of someone but he's never prayed to him before. Still, at this point, anything helps. He sat down and closed his eyes.

"Hi, Michael. My name is Jack. I'm Lucifer's son. We've never fully met but Lucifer is hurt really badly. I don't know if he's going to make it. I don't know who else to call at this point. All I know is that I could really use some help. Your little brother needs you. Please, Michael. Save him..."

There was a sound of thunder outside and the door opened. Michael walked inside with his eyes glowing blue in heated anger. He and Lucifer have a strained relationship, sure, but Lucifer was still his little brother. And nobody hurts his little brother but him. Michael walked over at seeing Lucifer on the ground and Klaus holding him. Klaus looked up at him. Michael didn't care about him at the moment so he simply moved him away from Lucifer using his telekinetic powers. Michael knelt beside Lucifer and noticed that his grace had been spilled out of him a great deal.

"Who did this to you, little brother," Michael said.

He decided to give Lucifer some of his grace to save him. Michael pulled out an archangel blade and cut a slit in his wrist making him grimace slightly and the light blue energy slips out of him. Michael immediately pushed his cut up to Lucifer's mouth. He slowly fed him some of his grace while chanting a simple spell, making Lucifer's veins glow a bright red as it pumped harder in his skin.

Suddenly Lucifer opened his eyes and flung Michael across the room before passing out again.

"Are you okay," Jack asked him, walking over to Michael.

He laughed as he stood up, quite used to being attacked by his brother by now. He walked over to Lucifer still unconscious but very much alive.

"One thing I always respected about Lucifer," Michael said, "Is that he literally doesn't know when to quit. He's stubborn in every way which has always made him a hard kill. He just needs rest at the moment but Lucifer will be okay now."

Klaus walked past Michael to Lucifer. Michael grabbed his shoulder causing the hybrid to grow fangs and glare at him.

"Relax, Niklaus," Michael smirked, "I'm not going to stop you from going to him. I simply want to look in your head to see what happened."

Klaus shook off Michael's hand.

"Not now. I'm busy," Klaus said coldly.

Michael clenched his jaw and grabbed Klaus by the wrist roughly while glaring at him.

"In case you haven't noticed," Michael said eerily calm, "What or whoever attacked Lucifer managed to beat him down pretty badly to where he would've died. If that thing is capable of beating a second-born archangel also one of the most powerful beings alive what do expect to happen when it comes back to finish the job? Personally, I didn't like the fact that I was called from heaven because my little brother was dying in your arms, alright? So suck up your fucking pride and..."

"Michael..."

Michael froze and turned while letting go of Klaus. He bowed his head slightly out of respect.

"Sir," Michael greeted, "I didn't see you there..."

"Go back to heaven."

"Yes, sir," Michael said, instantly leaving.

Klaus turned his glare to the man standing there with curly brown locks and a slim figure.

"My apologies, Niklaus."

"Who the hell are you supposed to be," Klaus asked.

"I'm Lucifer's father," the man said, "I'm usually known as God, but I prefer the name Chuck instead."

Klaus knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

"God?"