Chapter 6: Simplest Things; Heaviest Pleasures

Lucifer went to the bathroom to fix his shirt, which was bugging him a lot. He didn't close the door fully, since he was sure no one was going to go to find him. Or at least he thought. Lucifer tried to adjust his shirt with it still on until he finally decided to just take it off completely to fix it.

"Luci, right...."

Lucifer turned to see Klaus standing there, staring at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," Lucifer teased.

Klaus started to slowly raise his cell phone to snap a picture. Lucifer slapped the phone out of his hand.

"Not literally," Lucifer growled.

"I'm fully aware," Klaus smirked, finally lifting his eyes back up to Lucifer's face, "Something wrong with your shirt?"

"Yeah. It's been bugging me," Lucifer said.

"You don't usually wear button-ups, do you," Klaus asked.

"No," Lucifer replied.

"May I," Klaus asked, holding out his hand.

"Fine," Lucifer replied, handing the shirt to him.

Klaus examined the shirt a little before figuring out what was wrong and chuckled.

"What," Lucifer asked, curiously.

"I think you forgot to take off the tag before putting it on," Klaus said, showing him what he meant, "It's no wonder it was uncomfortable."

"I didn't even check for a tag honestly," Lucifer said, "Cas gave me the shirt to wear tonight."

"Well, it's a nice shirt, but it'll be easier to put up with if the tag was gone so," Klaus said before yanking the tag off, "Try it on now."

Lucifer took the shirt back and put it back on. He buttoned up the shirt by hand since he couldn't do it with his grace in mixed company. When he finished Klaus came closer and fixed his collar. Lucifer's skin rose as Klaus's warm breath was felt near the back of his neck.

"There you go," Klaus said, patting his back, "Better?"

"Much," Lucifer said, "Thank you. And sorry about the whole slapping your phone out your hand thing as well."

"Don't worry about it," Klaus said, brushing it off, "I didn't take it personally. If I did, you would surely know."

"I believe it," Lucifer smiled, "You needed something though?"

Klaus was going to ask what was going on with Jack, but as he looked at Lucifer's face he felt drawn in. He felt caught in a storm that killed so many people with its wrath. Yet he also felt like he was seeing a beautiful clear stream that looked good enough to drink directly from. It was funny how the storm was louder than the clear water in Lucifer's gaze.

"Niklaus," Lucifer said with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry about that, love, I zoned out completely," Klaus said, shaking his head and looking away.

"It's fine," Lucifer said, not knowing whether he should mention that Klaus just called him love, "Why did you follow me again?"

"Right," Klaus said, returning his attention back to the archangel, "I was going to ask if you'd like to talk somewhere else? Privately?"

"You asking me on a date or something," Lucifer asked confused.

"No, no, no," Klaus said, "Just asking if you'd like to have a private party away from everyone else?"

"You're trying to have sex," Lucifer asked, just wanting to get to the bottom of the suggestion that Klaus was offering.

"I, well, if you'd like," Klaus shrugged, "It can help ease some tension and stress from us both. I can tell you feel out of place at the dinner. I feel it too, trust me."

"Sounds nice," Lucifer said, stepping closer in the hybrid's space, "But I should warn you, I can be pretty dirty in bed when given the chance."

Klaus felt his pants tighten at Lucifer's words.

"Great. I'll grab the keys so we can go to a hotel," Klaus said, quickly walking away.

Lucifer just smiled. Something about Klaus made him feel at home. It made him feel relaxed but nervous at the same time. When he saw Klaus walking past him earlier that day, Lucifer felt the world stop for a moment and he wondered if Klaus felt it too since he seemed to be staring. Or Lucifer thought Klaus was staring. Klaus could've been wondering why Lucifer was staring him in the first place. But how could he not stare? Klaus was a diamond compared to the dim, disgusting things of this world. Lucifer personally would've preferred dating Klaus for the long term, but then again he knows the type of person he is. He's the fucking devil for crying out loud! Why would Klaus stay with the devil of all people?

Lucifer walked up to Klaus, who was letting Hope know that he would be back later. Hope nodded as she looked at Lucifer and gave a brief look of pure shock as if she knew what was going on. Klaus walked to the car with Lucifer following. He's has never really been a huge fan of cars. They're just so.... Slow and small. But he's willing to put up with it this time.

Klaus avoided eye contact as he drove. And he gripped the steering wheel so tight his knuckles began to pale. Lucifer realized he was nervous. He smiled and rubbed his hand up and down Klaus's right arm soothingly. Klaus started relaxing slowly from the gentle rubs received from Lucifer and felt himself breathe easier as well.

Finally, when they arrived at the hotel they got out and went inside. Klaus reserved a room for the night as Lucifer examined his surroundings carefully. Checking for anything out of place whatsoever. It was a bad habit due to his time spent with the Winchesters.

"Luci?"

Lucifer turned to Klaus, who was looking at him curiously.

"Everything alright," Klaus asked.

"Yeah. Just making sure I remember where the bathrooms are in case I really have to go," Lucifer lied, playing it off.

"Oh, okay," Klaus said, "Hate to break it to you, but you didn't have to do that. There's a bathroom in the bedroom that we're renting for the night. C'mon, I'll show you."

"Coming," Lucifer said, following Klaus to the bedroom with a sly smile.