Chapter 21: The Idea

Elijah turned to Hope once they were in the front yard alone.

"What is it, Hope," Elijah asked.

"Is there a way to enroll Jack in my school back home," Hope asked.

"Come again," Elijah asked.

"Is there a way..."

"I heard you the first time, but I'm wondering why you're asking that," Elijah asked.

"Well, I'm thinking that Jack has never been to school before," Hope said, "But he wants to go. And since he is technically my brother now, it's only best that he goes to my school with me. There he can also learn how to use his abilities better too, and Lucifer can be close to dad daily which is almost guaranteed to keep dad happy."

"You put up a good bargain, kid," Elijah sighed impressed.

"Thank you," Hope smiled, "So what do you say?"

"I say you have to ask the Winchesters," Elijah said, "I don't mind at all having Lucifer and Jack living with us, but the Winchesters are who you have to talk to about that idea."

"If they say yes," Hope asked.

"If they say yes, then sure. I have to call up to your school about a transfer student attending there," Elijah shrugged, "Which also means he'll have to go up there to talk to Elena as well, but I'm sure she'll have no problems either, seeing how she's a close friend of ours."

"Thank you," Hope chirped, hugging Elijah.

"You're welcome," Elijah said, "But remember you still have to talk to the Winchesters before we start making any moves."

"Yes, sir," Hope said, vamp speeding back to the door.

She knocked before coming in, so the others knew it was her. Elijah followed her in. Hope went up to Castiel, Sam, and Dean.

"Hey, Hope," Sam smiled.

"I have a question," Hope asked.

"Shoot," Dean said.

"I was wondering if you would mind if Jack came with us to go to my school with me," Hope asked, "He can have his own room and stay with us. We'll make sure that he has all of his needs met. And he can learn to control his abilities. Plus Lucifer can stay with us too as well. And you guys can visit when you want. I'll be sure to keep an eye on him too, so he'll be okay attending there."

Dean, Sam, and Castiel looked surprised at the request. Sam scratched the back of his head while in thought. Castiel looked like he was pondering all the things that could go wrong with this idea.

"Not going to lie, kid," Dean said, "But Jack and Lucifer seem to already be fond of your family so we wouldn't have a chance at disagreeing if we wanted to. So, uh, what all is needed for him to attend?"

"Is that a yes," Hope asked.

"I mean we have to see what we can pull up from his documents and if they'll accept them then sure," Dean started.

"You won't regret this," Hope beamed, "Thank you so much!"

"What's needed, though," Sam chuckled, "He doesn't have much to go off of."

"I can talk with you four about those things," Elijah said, brushing it off, "And whatever you don't have, don't worry about. It'll be fine."

"Well, Jack," Hope grinned, turning to him, "It's official! You're going to be attending my school with me."

"Awesome," Jack smiled.

"We should go find you something to wear, though," Hope said, "Where's your room?"

"I don't really have one," Jack said.

"Okay. Then where's your clothes," Hope said, "Please tell me you have plenty of that."

"Well..."

"You don't," Hope asked.

"No," Jack said shyly.

"Then whose clothes were you wearing the night you first came next door for dinner," Hope asked.

"Dean's," Jack squeaked.

Hope's jaw dropped and she hummed.

"You know what that means, right," Hope asked.

"That I don't have anything to wear," Jack said, knitting his eyebrows.

"No, silly," Hope said, "It means first thing tomorrow. We're going shopping."

"But I have no money," Jack said.

"You're right," Hope said, "But thanks to your other dad..."

Hope pulled out a debit card.

"Your sister does," Hope smiled.

"Okay," Jack agreed, "But don't spend that much on clothes. I don't want you to waste all your money on me."

"Oh, please," Hope said, rolling her eyes, "Spending on you isn't a waste. Believe me."

It wasn't long before the Mikaelson family started heading out of the house finally. Sam and Dean went to the rooms to sleep. Castiel, Lucifer, and Jack stayed up since they don't sleep anyway (well, Jack sleeps but not often). Castiel felt a sense of pride as he closely listened and watched his older brother and his nephew excitedly talk about Jack attending school for the first time.

"Maybe Lucifer isn't as bad as so many claimed him to be, after all," Castiel thought as he smiled at Lucifer laughing with Jack.