Chapter 39: Love- A Fatal Consequences

Lucifer stood up and saw Klaus there. His drive to fight kicked up again, making him cough up blood.

"Pet, I think it's time you finish your duties," Mike said, "And kill Niklaus Mikaelson."

Lucifer teleported behind Klaus and smashed his head on the ground. Klaus managed to get up and move away. He saw Lucifer heading his way again and moved quick enough to hit Lucifer with enough force to draw blood but not make him move back. Lucifer touched his nose and saw the blood that Klaus was able to draw. Lucifer saw Klaus ready to hit him again but this time Lucifer moved aside and grabbed his arm. He slammed Klaus down by his arm, dislocating it in the process. Klaus grimaced and tried to move but Lucifer was already there. He started beating Klaus. Klaus wasn't ready to stop fighting just yet and twisted his body upwards. He latched his legs around Lucifer's neck and twisted again making him fall to the ground as he squeezed his neck as tight as he could without hurting him too bad. Lucifer got lost in his head after that and stood up slowly. He jerked his body to the side sharply making Klaus slam his head against some rocks next to them, causing him to release Lucifer from his grip. Finally, Lucifer grabbed him by the neck started choking him while punching him repeatedly in the face with no mercy. Mike smiled in approval. Everything was going as planned.

Then Klaus did the unexpected and grabbed Lucifer's wrist, smiling at him with blood pouring out of his nose and mouth and both eyes were swollen badly.

"I love you, Luci," Klaus struggled, a sad smile on his face.

Lucifer paused with his fist in midair. He started thinking about all the good times he and Klaus had together. How much he felt at home around Hope, Jack, and Klaus. As Lucifer remembered he stepped away from Klaus in horror at what he did to the man he vowed to protect. Klaus dropped while gasping for air in his lungs that burned horribly.

"Useless," Mike muttered.

He turned to be hit in the face hard by Hope. She yelled, causing her powers to damage an unsuspecting Mike. Soon though he began healing and grabbed her by the neck. Lucifer teleported to Mike angrily and stabbed him with the blade but it just turned to dust revealing that Mike was just a clone and not the real him.

"Don't touch my fucking family again, bitch," Lucifer panted.

Lucifer huffed and walked to Klaus while stumbling slightly. He felt lightheaded. And so tired. He wanted to go to sleep right now. But Lucifer had to heal Klaus from the wounds he inflicted on him. He reached him and leaned down. He reached out his hand which Klaus tried to push away knowing that Lucifer was in no condition to heal him. Lucifer held his hand back and placed his other hand on his cheek softly.

"I'm so sorry, Klaus," Lucifer whispered, falling to his knees as he was being healed.

Klaus tried to push him away again but he was still strong enough to make sure Klaus was unable to move him. Klaus felt tears starting to pour from his eyes as he screamed for Michael and Gabriel to pull Lucifer away and make him stop. Finally, Michael showed up and grabbed Lucifer away from him as his last wounds were healed. Lucifer died being held by Michael, burning his wing imprint into his brother's skin.

Michael didn't feel himself start screaming, nor did he feel himself shake Lucifer violently in an attempt to wake him up. Gabriel grabbed Michael away from him as he tried hard to fight to go back to his little brother. Gabriel grabbed his face to make him look him in the eyes.

"Michael, look at me," Gabriel commanded, a terrible shake in his voice, "He's gone. He's dead."

Michael started sobbing into his shoulder as Gabriel cried while looking at Lucifer on the ground, dead.

"That's impossible," Hope said, shaking her head, "He can't be gone. This has to be a trick or some sort of sick joke."

Jack stayed silent as he stared at the ground. He wasn't mentally able to look at Lucifer's lifeless body on the ground. Because he knew that if he looked he would never be the same again. Instead, Jack looked at Klaus who was on his hands and knees with his head down. It was obvious he was crying because of his shoulders jerking from his sobs. Jack patted Hope and motioned her to comfort Klaus. She followed him over and Jack knelt down beside Klaus. Then he pulled Klaus into a tight hug which he didn't fight. Hope also knelt down and wrapped her arms around both of them. Making Klaus be in the middle of the embrace.

"We have to go home," Jack said softly, "Staying out here in the open is dangerous."

"We'll bring the body so he can be buried," Damon offered, "We're really sorr..."

Jack had already teleported Klaus and Hope back to the mansion. Elijah walked up, looking confused along with Rebekah and Kol.

"What happened," Elijah asked.

"Lucifer's dead," Jack said flatly, "My father is dead."

Rebekah tried to hug Jack knowing that he was burying his emotions but he teleported to his room and locked the door. Jack sat in bed with his knees up to his chest.