Chapter 45: The Devil's Final Redemption

Lucifer stood up from towering over Dean, protecting him from the incoming knife heading his way. Dean looked at him shocked, realizing he shielded him with his own body. The angel gave a look of nervousness as he realized he hit Lucifer with a simple angel blade that most likely stung as bad as a simple small ant bite. Lucifer turned around to face the angel with his eyes glowing red.

"Attacking my brother-in-law who's human," Lucifer growled, "Now you've pissed me off."

Lucifer grabbed the angel and slammed him to the ground. He mercilessly pulled out the angel blade still stuck in his shoulder and stabbed the angel with it through the chest. Lucifer stood up as the other angel tried to get away, but he grabbed him in time to choke him in mid-air with a look of pure evil in his eyes. He didn't notice the others return or Klaus walk downstairs from the noises of fighting. At this point, he didn't care. He was angry and he wanted blood. The angel started changing to a different shade of red as he struggled to get free. Lucifer started holding his neck so hard that the sound of his bones cracking were heard and the angel gave a strangled cry of pain from his neck bone breaking.

"You're not alone anymore, Lucifer," Klaus said.

Lucifer's anger slowly began to fade as that flashback hit him.

"You can talk to me... Getting upset won't help anyone. I know, it won't," Hope said.

"As much as you're here for me," Klaus said, "Always know that I'm here for you. You're not evil and you're not cursed. You're a person who needs to be loved like everyone else."

"You may have a title given to you but that doesn't mean that you have to live by it," Klaus said.

"C'mon, Luci. You'll be okay. You're big brother's got you," Michael said.

"Your family cares about you," Hope said.

"You really do have a family," Jack said.

"Lucifer... You took something broken and turned it into a mosaic," Michael said.

Lucifer slowly put the angel down as he calmed down completely. He reached out and touched the angel's forehead healing his broken bones faster. The angel looked unsure and worried about Lucifer's true intentions of keeping him alive.

"Why," the angel asked.

"I'm choosing to be different," Lucifer explained, "I'm choosing to be the light bringer. I'm an angel, a hero. Not some villain. Not anymore."

"How is that possible," the angel said, shaking his head, "We aren't given a choice!"

"If we're given a choice, then we take it," Lucifer smiled softly, "And I'm taking back my peace of mind."

The angel for once finally looked at Lucifer... Truly looked at him. As he looked, he didn't see the horror and evil that lay on the surface. He looked deeper and went past the surface. He saw a young archangel boy who had cuts, bruises, and bumps like he had taken a beating recently but even still smiled brighter than any angel has ever smiled. He still had the look of hope and joy in his eyes. Despite the markings of the beating, he saw the boy was still happy to be alive. That boy was now telling him that he has enough hope to fill up even the angel who threatened to hurt someone he cared for and make him realize that he does have a say in who he chooses to be.

The angel's eyes started filling with tears as he saw the true angel that never left Lucifer but instead was smothered by lies and pressures of what was expected of him.

"You're a really beautiful angelic boy, you know that," the angel cried with a small smile.

"How are you able to see that," Lucifer asked.

"I chose to," the angel said, "To actually see. Your angelic side isn't gone. He's still there and he's happy. He's so very happy. I wish I had seen it sooner."

Lucifer was caught off guard when the angel hugged him unexpectedly. He cautiously hugged the angel back.

"Listen to me," the angel whispered, "You're not off the hook yet. When you get a chance take your family and all of you go somewhere far away. Don't look back and don't return until you hear the word that he's truly gone. Michael is much more powerful than what he's shown. He won't stop until you are all dead and God won't be willing to help this time. He's beginning to corrupt the other angels as we speak."

Lucifer tensed immediately.

"I got it," Lucifer mumbled back.

"Farewell, my brother," the angel started.

Lucifer was going to ask something but the angel suddenly died. When Lucifer looked he saw that the angel had killed himself. He stabbed himself in the neck with the angel blade. Lucifer was about to scream out for help but the angel was already dead. He stared at the corpse in horror. Why would he give Lucifer a warning then suddenly commit suicide?

Michael walked over and touched his shoulder in a comforting manner. Lucifer hugged him next to whisper to him privately.

"How fast can you have everyone packed and ready to go," Lucifer whispered.

He felt Michael tense now.

"In a snap of a finger," Michael responded, "Where? And why?"

"The angel warned me to take everyone and leave while I could when we were hugging. He said goodbye to me before killing himself just now. So I'm going to take the advice," Lucifer explained, "Also as far as we can go that's safe from everything and everyone..."

"I know a place," Michael interrupted, "Follow my lead."

"Alright," Lucifer said.

Michael let go of Lucifer and turned to everyone else. He got inside all of their heads to tell them what happened privately while making up a story about needing to bury the corpse. Everyone understood and asked if they can come to give their own condolences for having a breakthrough before dying. Michael agreed and grabbed the body. Lucifer nodded and followed Michael out the door with everyone else. However, when they walked out the whole setting of where they were was entirely different. They were now in a forest-like setting with another mansion in front of the one they were in. However, when Lucifer turned around the Mikaelsons' Mansion was gone. Nowhere to be seen.

"Where are we," Elijah asked.

"I honestly have no clue," Michael muttered, "This isn't the place I was going to choose."

"You guys hear that," Kol asked.

"I don't hear anything," Damon said.

"Exactly," Kol said, "Why aren't we able to hear anything in a forest of all places?"

There was rustling nearby, capturing everyone's attention. A young man and woman walked out and looked at everyone.

"Huh? Looked what we managed to capture."

Lucifer stepped forward snapped his fingers but nothing happened. Then Gabriel and Michael did the same with no result.

"Sorry guys but your powers won't work in the trap you're in," the young man said, "In fact, I doubt it'll work at all here even without the trap."

"Where are we," Castiel asked.

"Welcome to Beacon Hills," the young woman smirked.

Everyone looked at each other in horror.

How the hell did they end up? And how are they getting out?