Chapter 38: A Line Between Trust and Death

Jack and Hope rushed around the house.

"Breakfast," Klaus called out.

Jack and Hope both thundered downstairs and sat down to eat.

"You both have your homework to turn in," Klaus asked, "Cellphones, Wallets..."

"Yes," Hope interrupted, "We have everything, dad, we promise."

"Running out of time," Jack said, looking at the time on his phone.

Hope looked too.

"You're right," Hope said, dropping her piece of bacon, "We got to go."

"You guys barely even ate," Klaus said.

"Sorry, dad," Jack said.

Lucifer walked into the room as Jack and Hope started heading for the door.

"See you both later," Hope called out before they left.

Lucifer waved at them then turned to Klaus who sighed.

"Want help with the dishes," Lucifer offered.

"Please, love," Klaus asked.

Lucifer smiled and walked over to take over the cleaning since Klaus cooked. Klaus went to sit down with Elijah who was reading his book silently while pondering over everything taking place with him at the moment.

Jack and Hope walked into campus with Michael and Gabriel tailing them quietly. Landon walked up to Hope, not knowing that Michael was the angel protecting her or that Gabriel was there to protect them either. Landon grabbed Hope's face which made Michael flinch, ready to strike until he kissed her. Then Michael relaxed understanding that Hope and Landon were dating.

"I was worried about you," Landon said, "I was worried about both of you. Glad that you're okay..."

Landon finally noticed Gabriel and Michael standing there.

"Why do you have two guys following you," Landon asked.

"For protection," Jack replied, "Until our dads can figure out how to stop that guy."

"I guess it's good to have extra protection then huh," Landon said, "Are they demons or something?"

"Archangels," Gabriel corrected.

"Archangels," Landon repeated, "That's wow. Okay. Totally not terrifying at all."

"Don't worry we're not here to kill you or anything," Michael said.

"Good to know," Landon said confused, "I'll let the others know that you guys are here and okay. Also, make sure to ask for permission before they hug you."

"Alright, I guess," Hope said unsure.

Landon walked away and Michael turned to Hope.

"How long have you two been dating," Michael asked, not trying to hide his fatherly tone.

"For almost two years now," Hope replied, "Why?"

"Just wondering," Michael sighed, "I don't want you to get hurt so I want to look out for you if I can. Besides you are my niece now so it's only right that I do watch over you."

"Yeah, thanks," Hope said, "But no thanks. I can take care of myself."

"Has he tried to have sex with you yet," Michael asked.