Chapter 4: Jack and Hope Meet

Elijah answered the door, and Dean was there along with his family

Elijah answered the door, and Dean was there along with his family. Elijah let them all inside as the rest of the Winchesters introduced themselves to Elijah. He led them to where his family was sitting, including Hope.

"Hope," Elijah called out.

Hope turned around. Rebekah and Kol also stared at the strangers in their rental home. Klaus glared at Elijah, knowing he knew about what happened earlier.

"I want you to meet someone," Elijah smiled, motioning her to come closer to him and the others.

Hope hesitated about moving. So Jack made the move instead and walked over to her. He held out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Jack," Jack smiled brightly.

"Hope," Hope introduced, shaking his hand unsure.

"That's a pretty name," Jack complimented, "I'm sure it carries a lot of meaning from your parents."

"Well, my mother, I don't know. I never got a good relationship with her growing up," Hope said, shrugging, "It's mostly been me and my dad and his family really."

"I understand," Jack sighed, "My mother and I didn't really know each other either. Yet even still I feel like I know her, even if not in person. Do you get that often too?"

"Yeah," Hope smiled, happy she could find someone to relate to, "What happened to your mom?"

"Dead," Jack said, "You?"

"Dead as well," Hope replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Jack apologized.

"Same for you," Hope said, "Hey, if you want, we can go hang out in the backyard? I can grab some sweets to bring along too."

"Sure," Jack smiled.

"Cool. It'll be better than sitting around with all the adults talking about things like the football games or the economy," Hope teased.

"Football games," Jack asked curiously.

"You've never heard of a football game," Hope asked, looking at the Nephilim shocked.

"No," Jack said, "Should I have?"

"Okay. How about we toss around a football outside," Hope suggested, "I can teach you."

"Awesome," Jack grinned excitedly.

"Follow me," Hope said.

"Uh, Jack," Dean said, motioning for him to come back.

Jack went up to Dean. He leaned a little to whisper to him.

"Yeah," Jack asked.

"Be good, alright," Dean said, "And if you need something, anything at all, don't be afraid to come back in here to ask."

"Okay," Jack agreed.

"Awesome," Dean said, patting Jack's back, "Go have fun. But, please for the love of God, don't do anything I wouldn't...."

"That's too much freedom, Dean," Sam said.

"You're right," Dean agreed, "Don't do anything Sam wouldn't. And if you do, what do you do?"

"Invite you," Jack said.

"Damn straight," Dean said, winking, "Have fun, kiddo."

Jack turned to follow Hope out to the backyard, since she had a football in her hands already.

"You are a bad example to him," Sam whispered.

"You're just mad you're not considered the cool one," Dean whispered back.

"Yeah. Someone has to be the responsible adult in this household," Sam said, shaking his head and walking up to introduce himself to the others in the house.