Chapter 35: Soulmates, Life Links, and Infinite Supply of Angel Grace

While everyone else in the house ate dinner Lucifer, Michael, and Gabriel sat amongst them at the table while talking and discussing a game plan.

"So you don't know this guy," Michael said, "But you felt recognition of him from your past?"

"I know it doesn't make sense," Lucifer said, "But I recognized his voice and demeanor, somehow he knew exactly who I was and how to slow me down enough to do damage to me."

"How did you get up to fight back anyway," Gabriel asked, "I mean from what I heard the guy took a good amount of grace from you, enough to render you human. Even enough to kill you. But you still got up and fought him off while doing a spell to send him away for some time. How is that possible?"

"I had to protect my own," Lucifer said, "It was like every time the guy hit Klaus I felt it make my heart pump harder and my grace go on temporary overdrive..."

"Soulmates," Michael said, "You guys are soulmates. You being an archangel, you must've already entwined your grace within his soul."

"English maybe," Gabriel said confused.

"I mean even if Lucifer was practically dead as long as Klaus is alive he will feel a sense of responsibility for his safety. That guy could've drained Lucifer dry but hitting Klaus would still make him angry and stirred enough to get up and protect his other half," Michael said, "Almost like..."

"A life link," Gabriel said, "Klaus is basically Lucifer's endless supply of angel's grace."

"Yeah, pretty much," Michael shrugged.

"So that's why the guy was also after Klaus as well," Gabriel theorized, "If he knows that Klaus is Lucifer's soulmate then as long as he is alive Lucifer will always be fighting back."

"I need a drink," Lucifer sighed, getting up to grab it.

"Where are you going," Michael asked.

"To get a drink," Lucifer said.

"You must still be healing then," Michael said, knowing healthy angels don't ingest alcohol, "Sit down."

Lucifer did and Michael snapped his fingers making a glass bottle of aged whiskey, a glass cup with ice in it, and a coaster appear in front of him.

"Thanks," Lucifer muttered.

"You're welcome," Michael said.

"You should see if you're at least able to move things telekinetically still," Gabriel suggested.

Lucifer glanced at him before looking at the whiskey bottle. He focused on moving it with his mind. Slowly the cap twisted off and the bottle lifted in the air. As Lucifer moved the bottle, he started rethinking all that took place today. Suddenly Crowley's face with his knowing smile reappeared in his mind.

There was a sound of glass smashing.

"Lucifer, what the hell was that," Gabriel asked, looking at where the bottle of whiskey went flying at the wall.

When Michael and Gabriel looked at Lucifer, they noticed his eyes were shining red in rage and his fists were clenched.

"What did you see," Michael asked, knowing the look of rage on his face.

"Crowley," Lucifer said, "Crowley knew. He sent the guy here. He sent him here to kill Klaus and the others first then to kill me. That's why I felt the guy's presence nearby Klaus when he was painting in the other room."

Michael and Gabriel looked at each other than at Lucifer.

"How much does this Crowley character know about you? And do you know where to find him," Gabriel asked.

"Crowley is a man of many talents. He's ambitious and knowledgeable," Lucifer said, "Anything he doesn't know he makes sure to study about. Looking at him is almost as if looking into a cursed mirror of me... Except weaker."

"Which means if he knew about that guy then he obviously knows of other things that he shouldn't," Michael said.

"Where do we find him," Gabriel asked.

"Hell, most likely," Lucifer replied.

"If he's a demon then he's most likely able to be summoned, I suppose," Michael asked.

"Yes," Lucifer muttered.

"Then let's pick ourselves up something wicked to kill," Gabriel said, "I'll get the supplies to summon him. Just tell me what's needed."

Lucifer transported the summoning spell to Gabriel through his mind.

"I'll be back," Gabriel said, getting up.

"Hurry," Michael commanded.

Gabriel disappeared to retrieve the items. Lucifer sighed deeply while rubbing his face in frustration.

"I did this," Lucifer said, "I put my family in danger. I shouldn't have told Crowley anything about my soulmate. I shouldn't have allowed him to meet anyone here..."

"Don't do that to yourself, Luci," Michael said.

"Why shouldn't I," Lucifer scoffed, "Michael, you know who I am. You know what I am, alright. I'm the devil. I'm Satan. I'm the enemy! Nothing good ever comes out of the devil. Everything I touch dies..."

"Lucifer," Michael snapped, causing Lucifer to flinch slightly, "You say everything you touch dies, correct?"

Lucifer nodded.

"Then how the hell did you manage to create life? The life of a child that looks up to you and adores you? Jack is your son that you created. Not by twisting his soul and torturing him either. You created him by means of something that didn't require violence," Michael reasoned.

Michael pointed to Klaus.

"You know what Klaus is correct," Michael asked.

"He's a man. He's my soulmate," Lucifer said.

"He's also a hybrid. A mixture of a vampire and a werewolf," Michael said, "He's known to be dangerous. He's something that the Winchesters would kill without hesitation because of his reputation and what he is capable of doing. He's something that others would consider a monster. As evil and wicked in every way."

"You're point," Lucifer sighed.

"Imagine how torn and broken he feels having to hear that he's known as a monster, as evil, as unlovable, and more. Imagine how difficult it is for him to look at a mirror because of what haunts his thoughts all day," Michael said, "Now imagine how he feels meeting someone that understands him in ways that no one has. Imagine how he feels when he's told that he's not a monster. That he is lovable. That he is important and needed more than life itself. After all his life of hearing the opposite, he's being told something that he's desired nothing more than to hear this whole time. All because of you, Lucifer. You took something broken and you turned it into a mosaic."

Lucifer stood up.

"Where are you going," Michael asked.

"I need to, uh, take a breather," Lucifer said, "I'll be in the bedroom."

Lucifer teleported as soon as Gabriel returned. Gabriel looked at Michael.

"What did I miss," Gabriel asked.

"Klaus, can you talk to him, please," Michael asked, turning the hybrid sitting at the table quietly with everyone else who was also listening.

Klaus nodded and got up.