Chapter 34: Learning to Lean on Someone Else

Lucifer screamed in anger and desperation as he watched his family being killed repeatedly in front of him.

"Stop it! Stop," Lucifer screamed, unable to move out of his cage in hell, "Just stop already!"

The man looked at him and smiled evilly.

"Why should I," the man asked, "When it's so much fun watching you scream while completely helpless."

The man hacked off Klaus's arm. Lucifer watched in horror as Klaus stared at him in silence with tears rushing down his face.

"Every day, Lucifer," the man said, "I want you to remember that this is what happens when you try to get close to someone. All that happens is death. You can't escape your curse, Satan. You're the embodiment of evil. Nothing ever good happens with you."

Lucifer was moved to tears at watching the man move on from Klaus to Hope next. Klaus was still alive but bleeding heavily. Lucifer shook his head, trying to make it stop. Suddenly there was a glow behind him. He turned to see a bright presence in the cage with him.

"What the hell..."

Suddenly screams of the man dying were heard and the scenery changed to where Lucifer was outside in a garden. Jack and Hope were goofing off. Jack was playing the guitar while Hope was singing a tune playfully. The Mikaelsons, Winchesters, and others were also there smiling and happy. Amongst them were Lucifer's brothers Michael and Gabriel as well as his father Chuck.

"Lucifer."

Lucifer turned to see Klaus walking up with wings folded behind his back and a smile on his face.

"Klaus," Lucifer said, hugging him.

Klaus hugged him back.

"As much as you're here for me," Klaus said, "Always know that I'm here for you. You're not evil and you're not cursed. You're a person who needs to be loved like everyone else..."

Klaus looked at Lucifer.

"I'm the devil, Klaus," Lucifer said, sorrow in his eyes, "I've done things that are unforgiveable. I can't redeem myself from that. I deserve every bad thing happening to me."

"You don't think you deserve to be loved," Klaus asked, "Why is that? Everyone does bad at some point. You're making changes for the trouble you've caused. For that alone, you are loved, Luci..."

Lucifer shot awake and looked around. His head swam for a little before everything focused.

"You look shitty."

Lucifer looked up at Klaus smiling at him with a bowl in his hands.

"Like you look like you threw up everything in your stomach because of a bad drink you had earlier," Klaus teased.

"Bite me," Lucifer teased, "Oh wait no. You might actually view that as an invitation than an insult. Nevermind."

Klaus chuckled and walked up.

"You're going to need to rebuild your strength," Klaus said, setting the bowl down beside him.

Lucifer looked at it and frowned.

"The fuck is that," Lucifer asked.

"It's called soup," Klaus said, "And you don't have a choice in whether to accept it or not."