2: Over My Dead Body

August 1993

"You've got to be kidding me

"You've got to be kidding me. Over my dead body!" I yelled at Jeff. "Nope! Nope!"

 "Nope! Nope!"

"Eddie. She's the best in the area and you don't really have a choice." Jeff sighed back.

"We've been with the label for two years! Why do we now need a babysitter?" Gareth groaned.

"Because someone can't get his shit together." Gareth said teasingly, looking at me. Admittedly, I'd gotten myself into my share of sticky situations, usually involving women and alcohol. But that's what rockstars do, right? There had definitely been an uptick in my partying. Becoming a budding rockstar had its perks. Lots of free booze and girls constantly threw themselves at you. How am I supposed to pass that up?

"This is a nightmare." My head hung defeatedly while I raked my hand across my face.

"She's actually really nice if you'd just get to know her

"She's actually really nice if you'd just get to know her." Dustin lectured me. I rolled my eyes again. I'm supposed to be at a party for the band that opened for us on our last tour right now and this meeting about our future was really stunting my fun.

"I don't care if she's made of 24 carot gold. There's got to be someone else!" I argued back. The thought of Olivia Wilson breathing down my neck for the foreseeable future made me want to peel my own skin off. The last thing I wanted was some prude cramping the lifestyle I'd come to love.