14: Spoons

May 31st, 1994

Whoever said time heals all wounds can suck a dick

Whoever said time heals all wounds can suck a dick. It most certainly does not. Albeit it's only been maybe three months since The Rooftop Fiasco but every time I see her I still want to crawl into a little hole and die.

We're back to our usual bickering but it's not the same. It's guarded. Hesitant. Nothing flows as freely anymore. I hate feeling like this. I just keep telling myself it's the right thing, this is what she deserves, she deserves a future. But mam do I sometimes just want her to say fuck it all and run to me. But that's not fair to her, and I know that. So...here I am.

I'm grateful we can even be in the same room again but holy shit do I miss her. I miss how she feels. How she sounds. Sure that's all sex related but I'm terrified that it's more than that. If sex was all there was then I would have gotten over this a long time ago. I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing. I've gone mad.

God she's beautiful. She's sitting at her desk in the recording studio helping Gareth and Jeff with actual song lyrics. They're bouncing ideas off each other and I'd give anything to run over there and kiss her and tell her what an incredible artist she is. She's good at everything she does. She always has been.

"You okay over there?"

I snapped out of my thoughts when Dustin caught me staring at her again. Everyone's been a good sport about all of this; allowing for Olivia and I to manage to find space apart. But we go on tour tomorrow and then it's just all of us, Olivia, and a tour bus. I think Robins stowing away for the Midwest portion. Steve would rather slit his own wrists. He never apologized for beating me to a pulp. Though, if he ever did I wouldn't be able to accept it. I deserved it

I have no idea how I'm going to stand living on a bus with her for the summer. At least there's no way for us to hook up on it since it'll be loaded with people. So, at least there's that.

"Hello? Eddie? Did you hear me?" My head snapped up and now Olivia was standing in front of me in all of her gorgeous glory. She was in navy blue dress that hung naturally off her frame. Just the right amount of sexy and sweet.

"Helloooooo. Earth to Eddie." Shit. Now she's waving her hand in front of me.

"Yeah? Sorry." I think I'm blushing. God damnit. I cleared my throat and tried to get my head right. "What were you saying?"

"I asked if you needed anything from the store. I'm making a trip and gathering some last minute essentials before we leave tomorrow." She stared at me with the faintest hint of a smile. I'd kill to see the real thing.

"He does! He needs —"

"Nothing, Liv. I don't need anything." I cut Dustin off before he could embarrass me even further with some kind of bizarre request or something and ended up sounded a lot more aggravated than I'd intended to. So...this day is starting well.