45: The Ending - Part II**

Well god damn me

Well god damn me. Staring at someone for what feels like an eternity without blinking is totally healthy, right? He's just so good looking. Really. It's sick. Gross even. It's like he was formed in the clouds by a higher power and dropped in front of me. I guess god really does have favorites.

Sometimes it's really hard to see the forest through the trees. I think to some degree I always loved the idiot standing across from me, but I was getting too caught up in the little stuff to really understand it. Though, a conga lines worth of random hookups isn't really little stuff, but it's something I had to get past to see the bigger picture, which is how much I love him.

If I didn't love him the way that I do I would have never gone through with the pre-wedding wedding. But with everything going on and the constant attention his level of fame dictates, being able to have that kind of special moment between just to the two of us is one of the best decisions I've ever made. That and agreeing to marry him in the first place, which really was equivalent to jumping from a plane without a parachute.

When Eddie and I stood on that roof together and made our vows, something about it just felt like the final puzzle piece falling in to place. I know he's thinking about it and I can't help but remember it too.

After Eddie finished his portion of what we decided were our vows, it was my turn to bite the bullet and lay it all out.

"Eddie Munson, you're fucking crazy. Like you might actually be certifiable, but I love that about you, because I'm a little crazy too. I love you more than I ever thought was possible. I hate you sometimes. Like I really really really hate you. But I love you so much more. If I have to swallow my urge to kill you every so often just to enjoy a lifetime of being your girl, that's enough for me." I knew I was crying already but I promised myself I would only be getting married once, legitimately, that is, so I have to make this count. I took a deep breath and powered through, holding his hands in mine so tightly I worried I was cutting off his circulation, which oddly enough wasn't on my ever growing list of homicidal plots.

"Do you know how I know my love for you is real? It's because I didn't want it. I didn't want to love you. You pissed me off in high school and fuck if you weren't a pain in the ass to work for, I never wanted to love you. But the kind of love that I feel for you isn't something I could avoid. I couldn't turn it off even if I wanted to. I can't do anything but love you, and I'm going to spend the rest of my life loving you, even when I hate you. You have every piece of my heart, forever."

I'm not sure how much time passed while I was zoned out in my daydream. I only tuned back in to repeat the words I had to. "I do," is a two word sentence. It's so small. But those two words change everything. They mean everything, especially when someone we thought might bail on the wedding altogether says. Eddie didn't run. He showed up for me. He always shows up for me now.

When it was finally time for our big kiss Eddie closed the distance between us with a single step. His hands went behind my neck and a little up into my hair when he pulled me in for a kiss so deep it took all of the air out of my lungs. I melted into him wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands slid down my back lower and lower and I couldn't help but smile as I kissed him back.