29: That's Progress, Right?

In hindsight, agreeing to go to a party where Olivia was going to be in a swimsuit with Tall Dark & Handsome probably all over her was a terrible idea

In hindsight, agreeing to go to a party where Olivia was going to be in a swimsuit with Tall Dark & Handsome probably all over her was a terrible idea. Not my brightest moment. But I was determined to make things right with her and if that meant I had to later have my fingers surgically removed from my palms after holding them in fists all afternoon I would do it happily. I also need to apologize to the guy. It's not his fault I fucked up with her. He didn't ask to be Tall Dark & Handsome. Or maybe he did. I don't know.

I couldn't sleep that night and wound up spending my time planning all the things I was going to do to get her back. I found a yellow pages book in one of the nightstand drawers in me and Dustin's suite and thumbed through it until I found florists. I now have the address she's at. Might as well inundate her with "I'm sorry for being a psychotic jackass" flowers. Olivia was a classic, timeless treasure. She adored roses. I called and ordered anything they had that had roses in it. Hopefully that'll soften her up a little before this party.

When the time of the party came and it was time for me and Dustin to get out of our car and walk up to this massive house with a sweeping view of the ocean I started having second thoughts. I decided to keep my sunglasses on to avoid showing how badly I really wanted to drown this guy in his own pool.

We walked inside and I can't help but grin like an idiot when I saw flowers everywhere. They were covering almost every surface. But when we finally got out back the first thing I saw was Olivia in a stunning black swimsuit getting manhandled by whatshisname. The worst part is that she seemed to be enjoying the way he was nipping at her neck.

I looked at Dustin for sympathy and like the good friend he is, he gave me some in the form of a back pat

I looked at Dustin for sympathy and like the good friend he is, he gave me some in the form of a back pat. I wanted to go over and punch him again, but I knew that would only piss her off and now with the knowledge of what he's packing under his shirts, I'm well aware he'd probably just beat me into the ground if he fought back, and I'm sure he would this time. It was a lose lose lose decision. But I was happy I'd thought it through first. That's progress, right?

I waited until Tall Dark & Handsome went off to get another drink to speak to him. When he finally pulled himself off Olivia I followed right after him.