43: Once A Frog, Now A Prince

I am not a bridezilla

I am not a bridezilla. I don't care what Nancy and Robin say. I am a fucking delight. There is nothing wrong with having a distinct vision for this wedding. I manage people and organize events for a living, of course I'm going to be particular about what will be the most special day of my life so far. Well, me and Eddie's lives. Can't forget him. He'll be there too.

We chose a late December date to tie the knot. Eddie wanted a winter wedding because, and I quote, I "thawed out his frozen heart." Something about wanting to pay homage to his icicley soul and saying goodbye to it now that he was so happily in love. It was his only request.

When I told my bridesmaids Nancy and Robin about this at the bridal dress boutique Nancy looked like she wanted to burst out into tears and Robin looked embarrassed for Eddie, in a loving way, of course. I had just sent the young woman helping us back for another round of dresses to try on when my eyes caught a glimpse of the pile of magazines sitting on the little angular table in front of the plush champagne colored chairs sitting outside the dressing room.

Twelve reasons why music industry playboy Eddie Munson will never actually settle down!

Who is Olivia Wilson? Meet rockstar bad boy Eddie Munson's fiancé!

Almost off the market! Take a trip down memory lane of Eddie Munson's flashy female history!

I let out a defeated sigh. This was just the tip of the ice burg as far as press coverage of our engagement went. In fact, Eddie had to call in favor to open this bridal boutique special for me and the girls and shockingly enough, my mother, Janet.

My mom was about as skeptical of Eddie as the tabloids were. But, she agreed to give him a chance. My dad, Ken, reflected similar sentiments. I love my parents, I do. But their approval wasn't the end all be all for my relationship with Eddie. If they had refused to come to wedding, it would rip apart at my heart, but I wouldn't cancel it. Eddie is my priority. I chose him every day and —

"Are you ready to try on the next dress?" Connor, the young brunette woman assisting us asked. She had a rack bursting at the seams next to her. My eyebrows almost touched my forehead when I scanned over the selections.

"None of these are what I asked for..." I said as politely as I could through gritted teeth. I didn't want to be rude but I had been very specific with what I was looking for, and none of this was it.

"I know, I'm sorry. But you've tried on forty three dresses Olivia, I thought maybe trying on some unexpected ones might spark your interest again!" Connor said enthusiastically. She had a point. After the twenty ninth dress they all started to blur together. There was so much off white satin and tulle and lace that it started to just look like a blizzardy blob of fabric. I had desired a princess style dress because that's what I wanted to feel like on my wedding day, a princess. The bright fluorescent lights overhead pounded into my head. I wasn't sure if this headache was from the stress of picking a dress or the fact that I hadn't eaten yet but I was starting to get overwhelmed.