7: Denial Is A River In Egypt

"And then I heard it, just bang bang bang! And then this chick was screaming bloody murder!" I rambled out to my friends over cocktails I needed since I got off the plane earlier that day

"Sounds kinda hot if you ask me." Robin shrugged.

"It absolutely was not!" I said back. I love Robin to death but you couldn't pay her to take anything seriously, and last nights wallbanging deserved serious attention.

"So did you say anything?" Nancy asked with eyes full of wonder and amusement.

"Hell yeah I did! I marched my happy ass over to his door and told him to quiet the fuck down! I mean I did not care that they were literally in the throes or whatever, I was not dealing with his shit anymore." I said proudly. There was a time that I would have just suffered in silence. But sometime around my sophomore year of high school I just stopped caring. If someone was pissing me off, I sure as hell was going to tell them.

"Good for you." Steve said, adding to my pride.

"I mean he literally answered the door with just a sheet wrapped around his waist like some kind of hot as shit Greek god and had the audacity to try and tell me I was in the wrong! And then he had the nerve to compliment my panties! He's such a miserable bastard! Ugh!" I huffed, looking for more support from my friends...but they just stared at me.

"Did you not hear me? He tried to blame it on me!"

Crickets.

"Why have you all suddenly gone mute?!" I was ready to flip the table.

"Livy...we heard you alright." Nancy said nervously.

"Did you not hear yourself...?" Steve asked with concern. What the hell is going on? Robin started laughing. I gawked and turned my body around slowly to face all of them sitting around me in what used to feel like a very safe zone of trust. Now I felt like I was in front of a damn firing squad.

"What did I say?!" They were exhausting me. My heart rate was even going up.

"Olivia. Honey." Nancy said looking at me pitifully before placing her hands over mine. I just stared at her and she sighed. "You want to fuck him."