12: Messy**

I think I should start wearing glasses

I think I should start wearing glasses. Olivia and Steve are sitting about twenty feet away and I can hardly see them. I managed to get me and Robin a spot that was semi obstructed by a fern, so for the time being, Olivia had no idea I was there. Watching her. Like a complete and total creep. Thankfully, somehow Robin didn't seem to notice Olivia and Steve either. Probably because absolutely nothing about Steve Harrington stands out. Besides his hair.

I was on my third whiskey within the hour when I saw Steve's hand grab Olivia's thigh. My body involuntarily jerked and I smacked the table enough to spook Robin.

"Uh...what the hell was that?" She asked skeptically.

"Oh! Nothing

"Oh! Nothing. Just a spasm." I choked out, my voice cracking awkwardly. Robin continued to study me. My eyes flew back to Steve and Olivia but this time Robin was smart enough to follow my gaze. When the pieces fell in to place she gasped so loud she scared the couple next to us.

"Please tell me you didn't pick this place just so you could watch them?" Robin asked frustratedly. Shit. I was caught. I couldn't tell her that so I just stayed silent.

"Jesus Munson you did!" Robin was horrified. Rightfully so though. I was horrified with myself. I pushed a big breath out defeatedly and collapsed my head against the table. Robin reached forward and carefully lifted out the bit of my hair that landed right in my drink.

"I don't know what the hell I'm doing Robin. This is all so messy." I groaned.

"Well, do you like her?" She raised her eyebrows at me.

"No." Yes.

"Bull. You wouldn't be here if you didn't like her." Damnit. She's got me again.

"I mean I like her but I don't want to date her or anything." I did my best to spin this in a way that keeps my feelings a secret while I figured them out but also allowed me to continue spying.

"Then you need to let her go." Of course she'd suggest the single thing I can't bring myself to do. A better man would. But not me. I'm never the better man.