33: In A Rush**

October 1994

"Can you please hurry up?" I asked in a frustrated whisper while I slid my clothes on

"It would be ten times faster if you would just shut the hell up and help me find my shirt that you just had to rip off me and throw somewhere." Eddie responded as he stomped around the living room of my apartment.

"They're gonna know somethings up!" I hissed. It had been a month and I couldn't bring myself to stop sleeping with my ex. Even better, we were hiding it from our friends.

"I'm pretty sure they had an idea something was up when you asked me to come help you put together yet another piece of furniture when we all know Steve's the carpenter of the group." Eddie said flatly.

I paused and turned to look at Eddie with my eyebrows raised high on my face. "You want me to ask Steve for help next time?" I hated myself for feeling the need to see if Eddie would actually answer the way I wanted him to. I did that shit in high school and thought I'd left that there. But alas. Here I am.

"Oh no I'm not falling for that one Livy. You're not so subtle with your traps anymore. I've caught on." Eddie strolled around the room trying to hide his pride. He failed every time. "If you wanna call Steve call Steve. It's your life." I let out a little stunned and quite honestly, pained, gasp. The corners of Eddie's mouth pulled up into a smirk. "But you know it would never be as good."

"Out! Out now! Shoo!" I shouted and pointed at my door. My hair flipped across my shoulders as I shook my head. At least by now I had the good sense to realize that if I let Eddie say one more word I'd have my ass in the air ready for him before he even got his pants back off.

"Wait are you really going to make me walk up the stairs without a shirt?!" Eddie asked as I herded him like a sheepdog towards my front door. "I know I'm just your call boy or whatever but I'd like to at least keep up the illusion that I have a shred of dignity left." If Eddie wasn't grinning like some kind of evil mastermind I'd worry that he was actually hurt. But he didn't give a shit about our arrangement and I appreciated that.

"Would you just hurry up? We were supposed to be over there five minutes ago." I rolled my eyes while tossing my hair up in a bun on my head.

"Me? Be on time for something?" Eddie flicked his fingers to his chest with a feigned level of surprise. He exhaled and let out a laugh that left goosebumps on my arms. His laugh was positively infectious. Damn him.

"If you're not on time for the gala tomorrow Eddie so help me I will have your head." I threatened with my hands on my hips. I watched as a glimmer of innuendo flickered across Eddie's big brown expressive eyes. He didn't say anything and just smiled like he was trying to keep from laughing again. I knew he wanted to make some kind of joke about having his head between my legs and I thanked whatever god there may be that he shut himself up, because I would have let him go through with it too.