Chapter Thirty Three: There's Only One Rule For Cliff Diving

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who commented on the previous chapter for this books continuation ❤️ next chapter going on I'll dedicate each chapter to each one of you👑❤️

Thank you for reading!🥳

And now, without further ado, the update!

______

"(Y/N) please don't jump." Zuko begged.

(Y/N) stared at his warm hazel eyes and shifted her gaze to the edge of the cliff right next to her.

The wind howled around her, nipping at her tear stained cheeks and ruffling her clothes against her bruised skin.

The water looked comforting below her. The waves were rough against the shore; the sound of the tide smashing against the rocky pillars was like a sweet caressing lullaby in her ears. There was nothing more comforting than the ocean when you're in pain.

"(Y/N) you have so much to live for." Zuko called again.

She snapped her head back to him. He held his hand out, eyes begging her not to do it, begging her not to jump. She stared at his soft features, at his long hair that fell against his sharp jawline.

"You don't have to do this, let's just go back to the temple." He said, eyes darting from her and back to the cliffs edge. If she slightly leaned back the wind would do the rest, gravity pulling her down into the sea below.

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

Zuko's hand wavered and he blinked softly. He looked conflicted.

"I-I do."

(Y/N) smiled at him. "Then trust that I'll be okay. This is what I need."

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. He looked at the water behind her and shook his head helplessly.

Then (Y/N) turned and jumped.

"Wait!" Zuko rushed after her, grabbing at the air as she plummeting out of sight.

He careened at the edge and stared down, his heart beat blaring in his ears.

She howled into the wind and laughed loudly. Zuko, petrified in fear and awe, he watched as she landed with a hard splash on the water's surface.

Only she didn't resurface immediately.

"(Y/N)?" He called over.

No response.

The water calmed and still she didn't rush back up for air.

"(Y/N)!"

Zuko didn't think twice, he found himself jumping over the edge in an instant. It happened so fast, one moment he was airborne, heart beating as the world tilted around him. Then suddenly he was engulfed in the cold water and his vision blurred.

The water was warm. His eyes darted around the clear blue sea around him and he spotted her sitting on the floor. He swam to the bottom as fast as he could, legs kicking desperately as he struggled to reach her.

The closer he got the clearer he could see her. She sat cross legged with schools of fishes swimming around her, some popping through strands of her (H/C) hair and swimming around her. She looked peaceful and content. Her eyes were closed. Her hair fanned around her, the strands dancing around her.

He felt his racing heart slow-down in that instant.

(Y/N) opened her eyes and saw him, she smiled and swam up. The fishes followed her, swimming in sync with her and he was transfixed.