𝟰. 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹

a/n - please vote😭 I will try to post chapters more often

Olivia's pov

For the past few days, Grace and I have texted every day. I've really liked her, her sense of humour and she was like a escape from my problems. I forget about the whole world when we talk, I completely focus on her. We have our own jokes, yesterday we watched a tv series together, I mean, I was watching it in my apartment, she was doing the same at home, we were commenting it by texting each other.

My illness went away, I really had a fever when I was at Grace's, but it's been almost a week and I'm really feeling better. Even my bruise is gone, and my boyfriend hasn't called me or come to my apartment yet, so it was stable.

It's Saturday, I woke up late and when I checked my phone I found out that I got a lot of birthday messages. I checked a date - yeah, it was February 20th.

I know it's February, so my birthday month, but I was overwhelmed by my boyfriend and illness that I completely didn't think about today. What's more, I asked Grace yesterday if she wants to come over to finish our song. She said yes.

I reply to some birthday wishes, my best friend Conan texted me at 1am, when I was sleeping. Then I check a group chat with Iris, Conan and Madison, my best friends, and I tense reading the message to see if they can come over. Grace's coming today. I don't want her to be embarrassed that it's my birthday today, and she'll think I'm demanding a wish from her or something. That's why I text them that I'm meeting with my mom today and apologize.

I go to the kitchen and I take the chocolate cupcakes I bought thoughtlessly yesterday from the cupboard. I find an one, tiny candle. I light it up and I put it in the cupcake. It's time to make a wish.

I want my boyfriend to treat my right. I want my boyfriend to stop using violence against me. I want someone to love me.

I blow out the candle. The flame disappears, leaving behind imperceptible smoke. Happy 20th, Olivia.

I spend the day quite lazily, only half past 4pm I change into a regular T-shirt, not using a bra, and I wear plain gray tracksuits. Suddenly my mom calls me to wish me happy birthday, I have to finish the call with her quickly because I hear the doorbell.

There's Grace on the doorstep, wearing a pink tracksuit and looking fucking adorable.

"Hi!", I say excitedly, meeting with her is the best thing that happened on my birthday.

"Hey, sweetie", she hugs me tight, and my stomach turns over the way she called me. "What's up?", she looks into my eyes.

I find out that Grace's eyes are green, more in moss shade. Her eyelashes are so long and pretty, and the freckles all over her face are freaking me out. Grace is very stunning.

"All good, how are you?"

"I'm good too, I'm so happy that I see you!", she's very enthusiastic, and I feel a little silly for not even wanting to force a smile.

I invite her to the living room, she sits on the sofa, I bring some apple juice and snacks.

"Apple juice is our thing", laughs Grace. "Can I use the restroom first? I really need to pee", she asks.

"Yeah, sure, here", I show her on the door which is on the left side of the hall. She stands up and goes to the bathroom.

When she's there I prepare the lyrics, I turn on the piano. Levine comes back after a minute or two, she wipes her wet hands on her pants and sits next to me.