𝟭𝟲. 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗼𝗻, 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆

Grace's pov

I don't know what's going on and it's freaking me out. Nate has just came and Olivia closed me in the bedroom. She didn't lock the door so I actually can go out, but I must admit, I'm very scared. What if he'll kill us?

I hear him yelling at Olivia. Please, let it be only yelling. But we all know that it's not enough for him...

Suddenly I hear a bang and jump in place. Did he throw something? Did he break something?

And I hear a moan. And crying. Olivia's crying.

My heart starts pouding that I'm sure that if someone was in the room they would hear it. My girlfriend is in danger.

More whimpers. I start to look for something that I can take with myself when I leave the room. A vase? A night lamp? It seems stupid.

Well I decide to take a vase with me. I slowly open the door, and when I see what's going on living room, my eyes start watering immediately.

Olivia is laying there, on the floor, curled up in a ball when Nate... he's kicking her whole body. He hurts her so much, and she endures it all, lying on the floor in pain and crying.

"Livvy!", I scream and Nate notices me. He stops beating Olivia and looks at me.

"Oh, how cute. Slut has her defender", Nate mocks, then kicks Liv as hard as he can, and I can't stop him. I run over him, trying to push him away from her. Olivia whimpers so much.

"Leave her alone!", I yell with tears in my eyes. He snorts, pushes me away that I hit the shelf with the back of my head.

The boy surrounds my girlfriend, kicking her again, in the front of her body, what makes her spit some saliva out on the floor.

I'm fighting him again, I have to stop him. I'm weaker than him, he's getting more angry and that's why he hits Olivia's stomach, and she reacts with a scream.

I run to get the vase I left on the floor. I take it and without hesitation, I hit Nate with it. Blood is gushing out. I cut his temple.

"Shit", he hisses and comes over me, trying to hit me, but the pain he feels makes him weak. I push him away.

"Get out of here or I'm calling the police", I warn. We fight each other's eyes for a moment, then the boy lets go and leaves with his hand on his temple.

As soon as he leaves I run to the Olivia, she's on the floor, huddled, she whines.

"Baby", I say on the verge of tears, kneeling next to her. "Can you get up?"

"Grace", she cries.

"I'm right here, baby, he left, you're safe", I touch her arm, "tell me how do you feel, please, I can get you to the hospital".

Liv takes deep breaths that mix with crying and make a strange sound. I'm afraid the situation is worse. Nate literally beat her up.

"Angel, what's going on", I ask her, but I get no response. But Olivia starts gagging and she can't help but she throws up next to herself on the floor. "Oh, baby", I sigh, and my eyes move to the vomit next to her where I notice... blood. "Shit, Livvy, you threw up with blood. I'm getting you to the hospital, come here".

When I try to lift her up, she moans and screams from pain.

"Fuck, you can't get up?", I feel a few drops of sweat on my forehead.

"Grace", she whimpers, "i-it hurts, it hurts so m-much", she is writhing in pain, whimpering, and I don't know how to help her.

"I'm calling an ambulance", I run for my phone, a few seconds after I'm back with Liv, I lift her upper parts of body a little to put her head on my lap.