𝟱. 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗮

Olivia's pov

I try to roll over, but I feel something on the blanket where my legs are. I sigh and open my eyes, sitting up, and I see a small package on my bed.

It wasn't here when I went to sleep.

I wide my eyes because it means that someone broke into my apartment.

Hesitantly, I take one sheet and start reading.

Before you get scared that someone broke into your house, remember to lock the door. I hope you had a good sleep, birthday girl.

I know this handwriting. I immediately fell in love when I saw it. Wait, could it be Grace? No, it's not possible after the way I treated her yesterday.

I unwrap the package, seeing a letter and a... plush bunny? Hey, it's cute.

I put the bunny on my lap, feeling its fluffy fabric, and start to open an envelope with a letter.

I see pink paper decorated with stickers, and text, and the first thing that catches my eye is the calligraphic inscriptions "Dear Olivia" and "Grace" at the end. I was right that she's an author, but when and how she gave me it?

Dear Olivia,

your birthday was suck I guess since you spent it with me, working, despite spending this day with the ones you love. First I'm so sorry that I found out that it's your birthday this late, it's 10pm now when I'm writing it. Anyway, hope you liked the bunny.

So... happy birthday!!!

I wish you all the best, Liv. A lot of health, happiness and love. And hugs. When we'll meet again I will give you a lot of hugs.

And, probably you don't want to come back to yesterday, but I know that something happened, you can lie to me but I know the truth. When I saw you crying my heart broke.

That's why I wish you no more tears in the next year of your existence.

And I have no idea what's going on in your life now, but remember you always have support in me. I hope that you'll get through it.

And once again...

happy happy happy birthday!!!

Grace

I wipe the tears from my eyes which created there without any reason. Or the reason is that Grace's letter completely warmed my heart.

Just remembering yesterday makes me want to puke. I feel like I'm going to spend the day in bed thinking about Grace today. And cuddling up to her bunny.

But first, when I get up to the bathroom I check the door first, and I find out that it was really open. I quickly lock it, hoping that my boyfriend won't come back today.

At 3pm I reach for my phone, I'm the whole covered with a blanket. I put it under it where my head is, the brightness of the screen in the dark under the blanket makes me blink.

I type a new message to Grace, knowing that I should thank her for the gift.

Olivia: hey grace, thank you for the gift
Olivia: you're the kindest, the sweetest, I'm so grateful

Grace immediately gets active and starts to text me back.

Grace: hiiiiiiiiiii
Grace: come on, it's just a gift
Grace: but i'm glad you like it

Olivia: but u didn't have to give me anything especially after how i treated u yesterday

Grace: liv...

Olivia: i'm very sorry

Grace: it's okay
Grace: i would probably react the same
Grace: you needed some space, it's really fine
Grace: don't think about it anymore.
Grace: at least tell me how are you feeling be honest

Olivia: i'm feeling good

Grace: BE HONEST

I stop typing for a second because I don't know what to say at all. Grace notices it.

Grace: sorry i didn't want to put u under a pressure
Grace: i'm just worried

Olivia: don't be

Grace: you're not okay are you?
Grace: yes or no
Grace: I won't delve into that

Olivia: goshhh i'm not okay but i'll be
Olivia: don't worry abt me grace pls

Grace: i send you a virtual hug now when we'll meet I'll give you a real one

Olivia: ily

Grace: more

The last message makes me smile like a freak.

Actually Grace doesn't stop our talk.

Grace: did u like the bunny???

Olivia: YES IT'S SO CUTE I LOVE IT

Grace: yay
Grace: what's its name???

Olivia: ohh i need to come up with the one...

Grace: *sent a photo*

I open the attachment and see Grace lying on the bed pouting very close to the camera as if she was literally kissing me. Her hair are a little messy, but I clearly see her freckles and her green eyes.

Oh, she's gorgeous.

Olivia: mwah

Grace: is the mwah a bunny's name???

Olivia: no lol i'm replying to ur pics pretty girl

Grace: okay, text me if you'll come up with the name for the bunny

Olivia: ofc
Olivia: mwah

Grace: mwah mwah

I giggle and put my phone back on the nightstand. And now I feel lonely again. Texting Grace killed my time, I smiled a lot. Now I'm sad again.

How good that the bunny smells like her.