𝟭𝟭. 𝗮 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗽𝗶𝘇𝘇𝗮

Grace's pov

I quickly grab my jacket from the hanger and run to my car because I'm supposed to pick up Olivia in 5 minutes and I'm sure I'll be late.

We're hanging out today. It's not any date, I just need to relax and take a break from my problems. I mean, yesterday was 9th anniversary of my mother's death. It hurt a lot, like in every year. I miss her so much.

Aurora came over and we both were crying through the whole day. It was a bit cathartic, but today I still feel a little depressed and would like to unwind.

As always, I drive to the beat of Birdy's songs, and after 15 minutes I drive up to Olivia's apartment building. I immediately notice the dark, brown hair and small girl standing in front of the glass door.

"Hi! I'm sorry that I'm late", I leave the car and come to hug her.

"It's okay", Liv replies. She grabs my hands what makes me pulling off. "Are you okay? You weren't replying on my messages and answering my calls yesterday, I was worried, and today you ignore my messages and ask if we can hang out", the girl speaks, sort of disappointment.

"I'll explain you in the car, okay?"

She nods and we both get into car. I also notice how Olivia looks - she's wearing light jeans and white top, and leather jacket on it. It's so simple but still, I love it.

Rodrigo fastens her seatbelt and waits for my explanations.

"Well... yesterday was the anniversary since my mom died, that's why-"

"Oh my God, Grace", Olivia throws her arms around my neck, trying to hug me.

"I'm okay, now, don't worry. But yeah, yesterday was kinda suck and I spent it on crying. But today I want to relax a bit".

"Okay, but you know you could let me now? I would like to hold you when you cry", Liv says and my heart melts.

"I like to spend the mourning lonely", I shrug, smiling to her. "Let's don't think about it anymore, let's do something fun".

Olivia nods. Also I see that she's not in the best mood either. But I decide to ask her about it later.

Finally, we arrive at an empty, deserted parking lot of some long-closed shop. I connect to my car's Bluetooth, put on a Spotify playlist, and tell Liv to get out of the car. So we do, but we leave the car door wide open.

Olivia leans against the hood of the car and I get the feeling her mind is drifting away. I come over her carefully, to not scare her, and I gently wrap my arms around her waist, resting my head on her arm.

"What's bothering you, baby girl?", I whisper and she shudders, turning her face to mine. She sighs loudly, and I notice that her brown eyes are sad again.

"Baby girl?", she grabs my words to change the subject. No no, Liv, I won't give up so fast.

"Yes, baby girl", I smile to her, "what's bothering you?", I take her cold hands in my, I play with her fingertips.

"Gracie, you have your own problems and I don't want you to-"

"Shut up, Olivia! Tell me what's going on, now. I'm here to help you", I add more gently.