𝟰𝟮. 𝗿𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗿

a/n: please voteee

Olivia's pov

We step inside my aunt's house, my mom came to open the door for us, and now she throws herself at me, hugging me so tight. Poor Grace is standing in the door frame, holding bunch of presents we brought for my family.

"Grace, hi!" my mom exclaims, coming over my girlfriend to give her the warmest hug. I talked to my mom a lot and confessed that Grace lost her parents; my mom is so loving and she decided to give some love to her, too.

After warm greetings with my family and introducing Grace to everyone, my granpa grabs the presents to put them under the Christmas tree, we'll open them tommorow. Since it's been already a late afternoon, we start the Christmas Eve now. 

"Hey, I prepared a bedroom for you two", my aunt grabs my arm, so I look at her, "you can leave your stuff there, come on, I'll show you".

I and Grace follow my aunt upstairs, at the end of the corridor there's one small bedroom where I used to play as I kid. I heard they renewed it into a cozy bedroom.

"Here", she opens the door for us, I see pretty prepared bed and overall, we have everything we need, even a spare bathroom.

"Thank you, everything's perfect", I say, hugging the woman. Grace just smiles, I noticed she's been really shy here. 

We go inside and I close the door, Grace sits on the edge of bed for a while. I put our bag with clothes and some toiletry and cosmetics on the floor. "Gracie, what's wrong?"

I sit next to her, taking her hand in mine. I bring it to my lips, kissing it gently. 

"Nothing", she shrugs, "I'm sorry for being like this today".

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know how to behave. Also I'm a bit sad seeing you with your family, since I don't have-"

"Shhh", I put my finger over her mouth, "you have me. I'm your family. And everyone here loves you. It's okay if you feel sad, it's totally understandable", I carress her cheek. Grace lifts her sad gaze at me. I press my lips to hers, kissing her lovingly.

"I love you, Olivia", she whispers, smiling weakly.

"I love you so much more".

After comforting my girlfriend we go downstairs, everything's ready and we can sit by the table to eat. My stomach growls. 

We start to eat and the atmosphere is perfect; Grace even talks with my mom that is sitting next to her, also, some other members of my family question her and I can see she got a little less tense than she was before. She even laughs with my mom, that's a good sign.

I'm surprised no one asks about Nate that used to spend Christmas with my family. I assume my parents had to tell them story, to not make me sad or uncomfortable. I love my family, but telling how wretched my life was to 20 people is quite weird.

I truly feel happy. After the dinner, my family has a tradition to sing some Christmas carols and then we sit together in the huge living room, watching Christmas movies. I was the one who always had to sit by the piano and sing, my family believed in me so much. But now, as they realized that Grace is a singer songwriter just as me, they want to use her to sing something.

That's how Grace landed by the piano and I on the couch with the guitar. "God, I've never played a carol on guitar", I tell to Grace when my family doesn't pay attention, they're absorbed by their talk about me winning Grammys.

"Don't say anything, I don't even know how to play it by the piano. Do you have any sheets?"

"Hell, no. I always played from memory".