𝟵. 𝗼𝗻𝗲, 𝘁𝘄𝗼...

Olivia's pov

When I open my eyes and someone's brown hair covers my view, I get scared and I jump up, but I suddenly hear soft mumbling and then all memories appear in my head.

It's just Grace next to me, I don't have to worry. She embraces my body and her arm is kinda heavy, it crushes my stomach. It's so warm out there, like the air is too ough. I feel I'm all sweaty. And something's wrong.

I get up slowly, removing Levine's hand from my body. I don't want to wake her up. I feel something heavy on my stomach, it makes me sick. Maybe I shouldn't drink that shot which I and Grace decided to try.

"Stay, Liv", Grace mumbles with face hiddn in her pillow. And she embraces me again, so she doesn't let me to get up. "What's up?"

"Grace, sleep, I don't wanna bother you", I whisper.

"No, Liv!", she sits up on the bed, she seems fully awake now. "What's going on, cutie?", she takes my hands in hers, but still, I feel some kind of shame that she helps me a lot and I don't do anything to requite it. That's why I look down.

"I just feel a little nauseous", I reply quietly.

"Hey", she touches my chin and lifts it, "everyone sometimes feels like it, it's fine. Let's get you to the bathroom if you're about to throw up, or you can just cuddle up to me, maybe it'll make you feel better".

Why does she always have to be this adorable?

"Cuddling is enough, I guess", I say, so she smiles, then I rest my head on her chest, letting her play with my hair. Suddenly I feel her hand under my T-shirt and she draws some patterns on my skin on my tummy. It's such a good feeling, filled with a tenderness... If my partner did it, I would be the happiest girlfriend in the whole world.

"Better?", Grace asks.

"Yeah, so much better", I reply, enjoying the moment with her.

As soon as she removes her hand from my stomach, the butterflies stop bothering me, but it's not a good feeling. It made me feel so empty.

I need to admit, my heart melts when Grace does all those cute things for me. She flew here, she attended the Grammy's with me, she helps me to deal with all Nate's stuff... is it possible that she means so much more for me? Wait, I'm hetero, and that's like best friends treat each other, right?

The nausea stopped after I lay around with Grace for a while. We rested for a whole day and Levine seemed exceptionally adorable today.

Also I found out how much I couldn't wait for the moment, when I and Grace would go to bed and say good night. I could have given her a soft kiss on the cheek, and when she gave me one on my forehead, it made me crazy that I couldn't fall asleep.

ఌ︎

2 days later we came back to California. My boyfriend was dead again for another week, it was fine, and I started hanging out with Grace more often.

And today, 2 weeks after the Grammy's, Grace texted me if I can come over.

Gracie: hello cutie do u have some time today???
Gracie: ik we see each other almost every day but i finally came up with the lyrics to the song and i want to show you

Livvy: omg!! when can i come over?

Gracie: even now
Gracie: but i changed a lot and im not sure if the melody and chords are right