𝟭𝟵. 𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗼𝗼

Grace's pov

I'm feeding Olivia a disgusting hospital dinner. She hates this hospital food, but the doctor doesn't allow to give her anything else.

It's been 4 days since Olivia's in hospital. She has been moved to another room where there is a little couch so I can lie down there at night, there is also a small bathroom in the room so we don't have to go all the way down the hall once Liv wants to pee. Her physical condition is getting better. But mentally... she's definitely at her worst.

I feel better because I'm finally getting some sleep. The only thing that bugs me a bit is that Olivia's bladder has set a time of 4am, so I always get up at that time to help her. Then it's hard for me to fall asleep again. I'm also annoyed by the attitude of doctors who say that if the patient is feeling better, I don't have to sit with her. I argue with them every day, they will not get rid of me so fast.

But to be honest, I like taking care of Olivia. She seems so fragile now, I wanna hold her in my arms all the time. I like feeding her, even getting up in the middle of the night isn't too bad if I have to think she'd be uncomfortable without me. I like to cuddle her when she needs it. I can't wait to take care of her bruises because I noticed that Olivia tensed up when the doctor touched her. I love helping her with everything and doing it for her. I love Olivia so much.

"I'm full", Liv announces, and I reach for my napkin to wipe her mouth.

"Good", I kiss her forehead. "Wanna sleep now?"

"I think so. When I sleep, time passes faster", she replies.

"Okay, let's prepare you for sleep", I've noticed that over time, I've been referring to her as a baby, "You're gonna go pee and I'm gonna change you into a fresh shirt, okay?"

"Mhm".

Olivia no longer has to wear a hospital gown, the doctor has allowed her to wear my oversized t-shirts. At least Liv feels comfortable in them.

The doctor said that probably tomorrow Olivia will be ready to leave the hospital. In the morning they will do all the tests again and make a decision.

When Rodrigo is ready to sleep, I help her get under the sheets and I sit on the stool. Liv's back starts to hurt because of the wounds, she tries to find the most comfortable position. Finally she does, closing her eyes.

"Goodnight, Livvy. Sleep well", I kiss her forehead, I put my hand on hers and stroke it.

Then I start just singing, singing goodnight became a new tradition for me and Olivia.

ఌ︎

The next day Olivia is released from the hospital.

I lead her to my car on the parking lot with little steps, since Liv can't walk normally yet. She's more depressed today, I think that the talk with therapist about her misscarriage caused it. I was also present at this conversation, because I needed to know about the more precise consequences.

I open the door and help her sit up. Then I fasten her seatbelt, and Liv puts her head against the headrest.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah".

I must have asked her 10 times in the last hour if she was okay.

I start the car and drive.

"Are you hungry? I can grab you some McDonald's or ice creams-"

"Can I stay at yours, please? I don't wanna come back there, where it all happened", Livvy's tearing up.