𝟭𝟴. 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆

Olivia's pov

I open my eyes to see such a strong light above my head. Grace turned it off but I assume that the doctor must've come and turned it on again.

I look around to see Grace hugging Conan sitting on his lap, and he's almost asleep. Grace is snoring softly. I feel bad that I had to tire her out so much.

"Cone?", I whisper because I want him to wake up, if he sleeps he can drop Grace.

He shakes his head and he squints. Before he says something, he reaches somewhere and the light above my head goes out.

"Are you up?", he asks tiredly.

"Mhm", I mumble. "What time is it?", I ask. He checks the phone on the drawer next to me.

"7am. Sleep, angel".

"I'm sorry", I bite my bottom lip.

"You're sorry for what?"

"For tormenting you. You can't even sleep, you worry about me all the time. You don't have to be there, really. I'm just scared that Nate can come, but it's okay. You can go home if you're tired", I speak.

"No, Livvy, I'm not going anywhere. I can't leave you. I love you too much", he yawns and I chuckle quietly. "Do you need something?", Conan asks.

"I'm hungry", I reply.

"Well, I can't feed you, I have nothing here. You should ask the doctor first if you can eat".

I furrow my eyebrows, but nod. I decide to go back to sleep.

ఌ︎

Grace's pov

Olivia argues with the doctor when he complains that I helped her up last night to pee. The nurse connects the drip and the doctor explains how dangerous it is to get up alone without the doctor's knowledge.

I'm playing with my fingers because in a few minutes Olivia will find out about her lost baby.

Conan left an hour ago; he was so exhausted and I told him to go home and sleep.

Olivia grabs my hand as the doctor lifts her gown, examining a huge bruise, and the nurse smears some ointment on it. The girl shudders.

"Olivia, we need to tell you something", the doctor says when the nurse is done. I know what's happening so I grab her hand and start stroking it.

"Why is everyone so nervous? Is something wrong with me?", Liv asks insecurely.

"Um, Livvy...", I'm really trying to tell her, but I just can't. I look at the doctor, shaking my head. He sighs.

"I will not mince one's words", he starts, "when you came here, you bled a lot. Well, you were pregnant-"

"What?", Olivia interrupts, but he doesn't care.

"And you had a miscarriage due to a hard blow to your stomach. I'm so sorry", the doctor finishes talking and I look at Olivia's face, changing into some expressions.

First she's terrified, then she looks mad, and now - her eyes fill with tears.

"Did I have a baby?", she asks tearfully.

"It was about 10 weeks old", the doctor replies.

"And did I lose my baby?", she asks as if she can't believe what she just found out.

"The baby couldn't be saved, I'm really sorry", the doctor looks down.

And Olivia breaks completely. She starts shaking as hell and crying so hard, literally she's screaming. I can't even imagine the pain she is feeling.