Sun Rises on a New Day

Caramel Arrow was the first to wake up. It took a few minutes of her laying in a half conscious state to remember that she was in Affogato's arms. Once she remembered that fact, her body became aware of where his arms were wrapped around her. She could feel her neck laying on one of his arms, with his other arm wrapped around and his hand draped lazily on her waist. She let out a flustered breath. She slowly and gently shifted to look at Affogato. His eyes were shut and his lips hung ajar. The room was dark. She grabbed the arm hanging over her waist and gently swung it over herself to his side.

As she slowly got up he fell onto his face. She let out a small laugh at that and scooted off the bed. When she got off, she noticed his boot on the floor. Ah, right. She picked up the boot and looked at Affogato. Maybe she could ice his leg while he slept. Perhaps hasten the healing process a little quicker. After what he'd done for her last night, she wanted him to be okay more than anything. So that they could go back to their normal lives, except this time they'd be able to communicate. To bring change to the Dark Cacao Kingdom. She was certain her father would be happy to see that happen. The thought brought her a teary eyed smile.

The freezer with ice was in his room, so she had to go quickly to get it, but.. before she left, she bent over her bed and gave Affogato's sleeping body a hug. She had a big smile on her face, thankful for all that he had done and said for her. When he woke up she'd have to properly thank him. But words could never truly describe how he made her feel. She hoped that he felt the same.