The Wolf Returns

Werewolf Cookie huffed, making his way through these lands’ thick, snowy grounds. He knew he heard those cries somewhere over here. His sense of hearing never failed him before. He started going into a little bit of a run, his wolf genes being able to handle the harsh conditions of the blizzard. Then, he skidded to a stop when a large corpse of an animal came into his view. Its fur was mostly white, with areas of brown here and there. Its face was brown and its paws were brown. It was unlike any animal he had ever seen before. It was laying on its back, paws to the sky. It was undoubtedly dead. There was a large, searing hole in the middle of its stomach, and it didn’t look appetizing at all. Werewolf Cookie looked at this in disgust, and a bit of horror. What other hideous monster could’ve killed an already threatening opponent? Werewolf Cookie looked down at the snow for tracks. And he noticed some. But the tracks were not of some huge monster, no.. it was a cookie’s! And some traces of red were in the snow behind the tracks. “What the..?” He looked back at the dead animal. A cookie did this? And left such a large hole in that thing? He started running through the snow to find this cookie.

These tracks were recent. Everything about this situation was recent. He had heard it only minutes ago!

Finally, the tracks stopped, so he did, too. In the snow, lay a cookie, face fallen into the snow. Her hair was sprawled out behind her, a bit of it blowing with the strong wind. “This must have been the cookie..” He muttered. The girl shivered. And she was still alive! Wide eyed, he dropped down and picked her up. “Oh my goodness..!” He said, turning her face to look up. “Ma’am, are you okay?” He asked with worry.

“C..Cold..” She barely got out.

How long had she been out in this blizzard? He grunted and shook his head. No time to think. He looked towards the direction she had been heading. He had no clue where she needed to be, but she was heading that way, so he was gonna place his bets that that’s where he needed to go. He took off, running as fast as he could through the blizzard, doing his best to keep her warm. Along the way, he took off his fur overcoat and placed it on top of her. It would cover up the wounds he noticed, as well as keep her somewhat warm. He could handle the cold, without it.

He didn’t know how long he had been running when, suddenly, he stumbled across a brick pathway. There were small walls on either side. This must be a bridge. Hopefully it led to someplace safe. Thanks to the somewhat absent snow, he ran faster. Soon, the strong snow stopped blowing against him, and he slowed down when a large castle came into his view. It was towering, and he only was just able to see it now. “Wow.” He was amazed by the castle. He shook his head. Don’t get distracted. There was no gatekeeper. He pounded on the door once, making sure not to drop the girl in his arms.

The gatekeeper hummed a tune to himself, drawing something down in a small notepad, when there was a knock at the gate. “Huh? Somebody at the citadel during a blizzard?” He questioned loudly to himself. He opened the door slightly, cold air rushing through. A cookie he had never seen before stared back at him. “Huh? Who are you, sir?”

Werewolf Cookie pushed his arms out a little farther to show Caramel Arrow in his arms. “I found this girl in the blizzard. She was still alive when I found her, so..” He said, unsure of how to deal with the situation.

The gatekeeper gasped. “Oh my God! That’s the First Watcher!” The gatekeeper looked back up at Werewolf. “Quickly! Follow me to the infirmary!”

He grunted. “Right!”