28

Dom Harrison

The whole day has been a rollercoaster of emotions, I'm in a total state of shock over the baby news, sometimes I forget then Luna will walk past me with her small baby bump proudly on show and I'll go back into shock and look at her in disbelief and love.

I'm going to be a fucking dad and I couldn't be anymore proud of it, Luna said she had something to show me so I got myself comfortable on the sofa thinking what else she could possibly surprise me with after the baby news.

She strolls up to me book in hand, one I haven't seen before it's tied closed with a red ribbon and the front is plain nothing to indicate what's on the inside, Luna seats herself down besides me and nervously passes me the book.

" what's this " I look at her a little too longingly, scared to look away incase I don't get to see those beautiful crystal clear blue eyes again, in the short couple hours we've been back together I've been following her around like a lost puppy and hanging on to her every word, she said she doesn't mind but I can't help but feel like I'm going to suffocate her with my clinginess.

Everyone else has parted ways to their bedrooms leaving me and Luna to have some much needed alone time. Adam said he will speak to me later about what happened in Leeds in regards to Lu's little trip he said I needed to focus on being with her right now. I wanted to scold her for putting herself in danger for flying back to England and seeing James like that but when the words left my mouth I couldn't.

I just broke down again in appreciation for her and her kindness she's so fucking brave, braver then anyone I know to face the person who imprisoned her and put her through hell. I don't know exactly went down but all I know is James is in some serious shit, and we should be free of him now all thanks to my brave girl.

How can I be mad at her after all I've put her through for weeks? If anything she should be mad at me. But there's no anger between us, all we feel is relief and love for one another after what's happened between us the last couple of months,I hope this baby is a new chapter in our life.

" open it and find out " she plays with her engagement ring on her hand, I smile as I notice how nervously she is about this, and I'm relieved to see the ring back on her finger after the paps photographed her without it.

I pull at the red ribbon untying it in a flash, I slowly open the book to reveal a baby scan photo I drop the book on my knees out of shock again, you can't see much on the scan but a little spec but it's there.

Words besides it read ' first ever baby scan ' I feel my eyes start to gloss over as I look at the photo, it makes it even more real, it makes everything sink it so much more faster.

I turn the page to see Luna stood in her underwear to the side holding a plum? The other hand on her stomach despite there being no bump yet,I let out a laugh at first because she looks so uncomfortable in the photo, I scan the words ' baby is the size of a little plum now ' and just like that my chest goes tight and a warm feeling fills it.

I start to realise what this book is, it's a scrap book of everything I've missed whilst in my coma, my fingers turn the pages carefully to see Luna posed again this time with another fruit I can't help but chuckle, happy tears start to stream down my face.

" who's idea what is the pose with the fruit? " I shoot her a look I knowing it wasn't hers,I sniff back my tears and wipe my nose. She probably took a lot of convincing to do this in the first place.

" Emily's " she sends me a tight lipped smile.

" of course " I laugh.

I turn the page to see another scan this time it isn't a little dot but a perfect outline of a baby, you can see it's little nose and hands perfectly and I gasp when I see it.