Chapter 10 Candidacy

Author's note.

So, the Wendigo got his first victim and I know some of you are cheering that Bob got killed off, but we've only just begun. Also allow me to point out a few things:

Any power that Monarch gained in season 5 is gonna go to someone else instead (not saying who that is).

Sabrina, Nathaniel, Marc, Luka, Kagami, Aura, Jagged Stone, Nadja, Sabine, Tom and Ms. Mendeleiev will have bigger roles in this story.

Zoey is gonna get rewritten to make Chloe jealous of her.

Adrian will leave Gabriel, but only temporary.

Also, if you have any ideas on what you want to see in this story, let me know. Now then, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Chapter 10

Candidacy

The death of Bob Roth had stuck Paris, but it was right down the middle. Some say that Bob should've gone to trial, but others argued that since he was friends with the mayor, he'd get off far too easy. In the end though, XY was out of the job and Bob's company was sold off.

Seeing as how his name was on the news, William decided to not get involved with anything that day. He was twisting a coin that he had found until he saw someone looking over him.

"Oh, hi Adrian" said William.

"I heard about what happened", said Adrian. "Are you okay?".

"A few bruises", answered William. "But I'm otherwise alright".

"I kinda feel sorry for XY" said Adrian.

"I don't", said William. "He was a self entitled jerk who didn't know the meaning of the word 'no'".

"Yeah, well", said Adrian. "His father is dead".

"Yeah, and good riddance to bad rubbish" said William. He then noticed Sabrina looking miserable and yet he couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Being stuck with Chloe is no one's favourite thing to do.

Later that day, Sabrina was emptying her locker when her phone buzzed.

'Meet me at Palacio De Oro in 2 days, come alone. I have a proposition that might free you from this endless cycle. Type back with a tick if you agree'.

Sabrina just looked and no one was around, and she sent a tick in response. She then walked out of the locker room, unaware that William was watching her.

2 days later.

Sabrina arrived at Palacio De Oro.

"Um, hello" Sabrina called out.

"Ah, you're here". Sabrina then saw William walking towards her.

"Why don't you follow me to my room and we can talk there?" Asked William. They then walked towards his room and he closed the door behind them.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Asked Sabrina.

"You know Chloe's dad's the mayor, right?" Asked William. Sabrina nodded.

Well", said William. "What if I told you, that there's a way to make sure he NEVER becomes mayor again?". Sabrina's mouth dropped.

"Really?", she asked. "But how?".

"To answer that", answered William. "We'll have to watch Face-to-face". He then turned his TV on and the news came on.

"Tonight on Face-to-face", said Nadja. "We bring you a VERY special guest, owner of Palacio De Oro. Please welcome, Ronald Bones. So, Ronald, you were a victim by by the latest Akuma attack, and could you explain what happened?".

"Basically", said Ronald. "Bob Roth was upset that I didn't give him permission for his crotch goblin to use my resort as a setting for his music video, and he attack my son. So I threw him out of the hotel. Then he got Akumatized, selfish bastard".

"As a mother, I do sympathise with you on that" said Nadja.

"Thanks, my son almost got a bruised rib and he has a red mark on his cheek", said Ronald. "Also, I believe you received evidence in regards to my past with a certain mayor?".

"Yes", said Nadja. "Your son did mention that Mayor Bougeois and his wife have a debt to you".

"Yep, a 10 million dollar debt", answered Ronald. "And they still haven't payed me back in over 15 years. And Audrey doesn't know when to take no for an answer. I don't like her, I don't want to marry her and she can stop sending me her STD ridden panties to me. And that fat oaf of a husband she has isn't any better. If he wants Akuma's gone, then oh, I don't know, HELP LADYBUG AND CHAT NOIR LOOK FOR HAWKMOTH! Now, that brings me to my final statement and an announcement. I will be running for mayor this year. And believe me, if I am, I WILL make Paris safer for the people, instead of letting that spoiled brat blonde get away with everything".

"Looks like we have a new candidate for mayor of Paris", said Nadja. "This shall be a rather interesting one at that".

William then turned off the TV.

"See", said William. "If my dad becomes mayor, Chloe will have no power over ANYONE. So, you help me dig up some dirt and I can promise you, Chloe will never bother you again. Do we have a deal?".

Sabrina then held out her hand.

"Good choice" said William before he shook it.