Audition

Y/n's POV

Today is the day. The Voice blind auditions. I wake up by Ellis hitting me with a pillow. Extremely rude in my opinion.

"El can you just fuck off!" I shout as I hide under my other pillow.
"No can do sister, It's my job you get your ass into The Voice studio and onto that stage." Ellis states proudly.
I groan, loud enough for him to hear, before sitting up and hitting him with a pillow as payback. He fell onto the wooden floor from the unexpected, but rightly deserved, violence.

"Now that's no way to treat your support system." Ellis teased as he got up from the floor.
I roll my eyes at him before getting up and going to the bathroom for a shower.

It's currently 8am and the auditions don't start until 11:30am so we have some time to get everything sorted.

After my shower, I change into my outfit I had chosen to wear, with help from Ellis of course. There's no way he would have let me go be in the same room as "THE Scarlett Johansson" in loungewear.

After I had gotten dressed, I did my hair and makeup

After I had gotten dressed, I did my hair and makeup. I decided to leave my hair down, curling it at the ends. I then opted for a simple but elegant makeup look. I wanted to look my best since I'll be on national TV.

(This isn't what Y/n looks like, just focusing on the makeup look)

"Y/n! Are you done yet?" Ellis calls out from the other side of the door.
"One second!" I shout back before spraying some Dior perfume onto my wrists and neck.

I walk out of the bathroom to see Ellis sat on my bed waiting patiently. He looks up at me, a large smile plastered on his face.
"You look so sexy right now" He states the obvious.
"Right now? Bitch I always look sexy" I correct him before putting on my shoes and grabbing my purse.

I check the time on my phone, 10:50am. Shit. I motion for Ellis to get up so we can leave.

Thankfully we don't live far from the studio where the auditions are being filmed, we made it within 15 minutes. We check in and soon after we're escorted to the contestant holding area.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck.

It's almost time. There's a contestant performing her blind audition right now, after her it's me..

"How are you feeling?" Ellis asks me, as if he can sense my nerves.
"I'm freaking the fuck out. She sounds incredible but only Kelly has turned her chair. What if I don't get any chairs to turn?" I begin to panic more as I talk, so Ellis pulls me into a hug and whispers sweet nothings to me, easing my mind. I'm so grateful that he's here. I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't.

"Y/n Y/l/n?" A crew member calls my name. Fuck.
"Yes? Here!" I reply walking towards the crew member. She smiles when she notices me and introduces herself.

"Hi Y/n I'm Sarah, I'm here to help you get through your audition as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them." Sarah shared. I gave her a small smile and nod before she gestures for Ellis and I to follow her as she walks away.

We end up backstage. A few more crew members appear, one leading Ellis to the area he will be observing my performance. "Girl if you don't pick Scarlett as your coach I will never speak to you again." Ellis warns me, giving me a quick kiss on the forehead. I laugh as a response to his statement and we say our goodbyes before he leaves.

The girl who had just auditioned, finished her turn so now it was my turn. Sarah motions for me to walk onto the stage, so after taking a couple breaths I slowly walk onto the stage where the microphone is stood. Not a minute had passed and the backing track to 'Stay' began to play.

I take another deep breath before singing the first verse.

All along it was a fever
A cold sweat, hot headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer"

I feel my voice beginning to shake from the nerves built up inside of me. I look to my right and see Ellis stood there smiling wide at me. One look from him and all my nerves are gone. I continue to sing.

'Round and around and around and around we go
Oh, now tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay

As I sing the chorus, I get so caught up in the moment, the lyrics, the feelings that had built up from singing this song in the past; I forget where I am.

All of a sudden..
*BUZZ*
I open my eyes, not realising I closed them, and see a chair turning. The crowd cheering loudly as I continue to sing the next verse along with the chorus again, this time with more passion.

As I hold the final note of the song, the rest of the chairs turn. The crowd's cheers grow louder and louder. I look to my right and see Ellis crying against the show's host.

I didn't even realise I was crying myself until I felt a tear escape my eye and fall down my cheek.

I wipe the tears away and look around the room. Not a single person is sat. The entire room was filled with cheers for a good couple of minutes. I couldn't help but laugh to myself, I did it. I actually did it.

"What's your name beautiful?" Kelly asks
"I'm uh, Y/n Y/l/n.". I reply trying my best not to stutter.
"Oh beautiful name!" Kelly beams making me smile.
"You are incredible! Possibly the best audition we've had so far today!" Alicia Keys jumps into the conversation.

I rest my hand on my chest thanking her, not believing a word that just came out of her mouth. But I appreciate her saying that anyways.

"Your voice is so unique and special, I was so moved with your performance-" Kelly begins but is interrupted.
"Sorry Kelly, But Y/n I think you shouldn't forget the fact that I turned first!" A blonde calls out.
I look to the left of Kelly, to see the short haired blonde standing at her chair, hands rested at her hips.
"Scarlett, don't go there!" Kelly whines making the crowd laugh.
"Okay so Scarlett may have turned first, BUT this is her first season! my team won last season!" Kelly spoke up, making me laugh at how competitive she is.
"And my team has won more times than yours!" Blake Shelton proudly shares. The crowd all laugh as well as cheer at Blakes comment, Kelly on the other hand, wasn't so amused.

The four coaches - Kelly, Alicia, Blake and Scarlett, all verbally fought with each other to win me over for their team. At some points I didn't even hear what they were saying. I was honestly just in awe, how are these famous artists fighting to have ME in their team??

"Alright, Alright! I think it's time. Y/n who do you pick as your coach?" Alicia asks.