What Now?

Y/n's POV

"Y/n i'm back! Are you home?" Ellis calls out as he closes the apartment door behind him.

I run out of my room into the living room, where my best friend throws his bags onto the floor. I sigh of relief seeing his face, before pulling him into a hug. I squeeze his body tightly, quite certain that he begins to struggle to breathe.

"Woah woah, didn't think you'd miss me that much." Ellis laughs as I pull away. I hold onto his upper arms,
"I need alcohol." I blurt out. Ellis raises an eyebrow but nods, walking towards the kitchen to grab a couple bottles of Tequila. I sit down on the couch as Ellis walks back, moving my legs to sit down.
"So what's going on?" Ellis questions as he hands me a bottle of Tequila.

"Tequila first, talk later." I state before chugging down the alcohol, my throat convulses from the amount of alcohol I drink at once. I figure if i'm going to tell Ellis everything, I need to be extremely intoxicated, to the point where I can't think of what i'm saying.

An hour goes by and I can feel the affects of the alcohol taking place. I prop my legs up on Ellis' lap, resting my head on the arm rest of the couch. Ellis watches me intently, becoming increasingly concerned realising how much Tequila i've consumed.

"Okay so Y/n, what did you want to talk about?" Ellis questions. I sigh propping myself up with my elbows, to talk.
"I don't know how to tell you this.." I admit, trying to look at him clearly.
"Y/n you can tell me anything." He assures, squeezing my hand a little. I take a deep breath before trying to figure out how to say this.

"Alright so, Scarlett is in hospital and when I visited her the other day.. We kissed." I confess. I grab the almost empty bottle of Tequila from the coffee table and chug the last remaining bit. I look over to Ellis, who's practically in a state of shock. He hasn't moved or uttered a word in a few minutes.

"Uh- Ellis?" I question, slightly worried i've broken my best friend.

"S-Scarlett's in HOSPITAL???!! YOU KISSED HER????!!!! WHAT THE FUCK."

Uhm.. Yeah I don't think he's taking this well. I get up from my position, so i'm sat beside him. I slightly shake his shoulder in an attempt to snap him back to reality. Eventually Ellis looks at me, his eyes difficult to read.

"El are you mad at me?" I ask softly, scared of the answer. Ellis sighs looking down.
"I could never be mad at you.. It's just, why didn't you tell me about any of this? About how close you were with her?" I notice Ellis' eyes tear up. I heart aches seeing how much i've hurt my best friend, the one person who I care about more than anyone.

"I'm sorry El. I guess I was just trying to not hurt you but look where that got me." I let out a small laugh.
"Scarlett and I have been getting quite close but if i'm being honest. I don't know where we stand." I confess. Ellis looks at me with confusion, gesturing for me to continue talking.
"We kissed. It was a great kiss I have to admit, but I don't know how I feel about it or her. There's a lot of baggage that comes with being in a relationship with her." I explain. I sigh hearing back what i'm saying. I sound like an absolute asshole.

Ellis and I stay quiet for a little while. I rest my head on his shoulder, Ellis turns on the TV so the room is not completely quiet.

"So.. What now?" Ellis questions. I lift my head up from his shoulder to look at him.
"I have absolutely no idea."