Anywhere

Y/n's POV

It's been a week since Scarlett's birthday. We had planned to spend some time together with Rose, as well as getting to know each other more, however that didn't work out as I had to go back to my contestant duties. Since Scarlett is still recovering from her surgery, the showrunners of The Voice have brought in a temporary coach. Today will be my first time meeting the new coach as well as my first rehearsal with them.

I look through piles of laundry, trying to find something clean to wear. I finally decide on a pair of black flared jeans and a white cropped jumper.

After adding all my accessories, I walk out of my bedroom, to see Ellis laying down on the couch

After adding all my accessories, I walk out of my bedroom, to see Ellis laying down on the couch. I look at him concerned when I notice the TV isn't playing any Scarlett movie, like usual.

"No movie today?" I question, grabbing a bottle of water from the refrigerator.
"Uh no, not today.." Ellis mutters. I could sense the awkwardness in his voice, so I walk over and sit beside him.
"El, what's wrong?" I squeeze his hand for reassurance. Ellis sighs looking down.
"I don't know, it just feels weird watching any of Scarlett's movies and gushing over her, now that you're together." He confesses. My eyes widen in response to the last part.
"Well we're not together. But trust me, it's not weird. You were a fan of her long before I ever met or worked with her. Just because Scarlett and I are dat- spending time together, it shouldn't change anything." I explain softly. Ellis sighs again before nodding. We share a brief hug before I stand up from my seat.

"Okay i'm going for rehearsal, I shouldn't be long." I explain, as I put on my shoes. Ellis looks over at me, a confused look on his face.
"Rehearsal with Scarlett?" He asks. I shake my head, grabbing my purse from the kitchen island.
"No, it's a temporary coach who's filling in for Scarlett whilst she recovers" I explain.
"Do you know who it is?" He raises an eyebrow.
"No fucking clue." I blurt out. Ellis laughs at my comment. I quickly kiss him on the head before leaving the apartment.

I was given an address to turn up to for the rehearsal, since the past rehearsals I had were at Scarlett's house. After a 30 minute drive, I pull up to a recording studio. I put my car in park and check the time on my phone, 10:04am. The rehearsal isn't until 10:15 so I decide to sit in my car for a few minutes.

My phone begins ringing, and I smile noticing the name on the caller ID. Without a second thought I answer the call.

"Hey you." The soft voice speaks though the phone.
"Hey Scarly, are you okay? Why are you calling?" I question, my voice filled with panic. I hear scarlett giggle quietly.
"Don't worry i'm fine, I just missed hearing your voice. Will you be coming over today?" Scarlett asks. I pause for a moment, thinking of a response.
"I'm sorry I don't think I can. I have rehearsal today with the temporary coach." I explain, frowning as i'd much rather be with Scarlett and Rose.
"Oh." She mutters out.

I notice how quiet Scarlett became after I explained why I wasn't coming over today. Her replies becoming less Scarlett like. My heart hurts knowing she's disappointed. We end the call shortly after and I get out of the car, making my way inside the recording studio.