Mommy and Coach

Scarlett's POV

I groan as I reach over to my phone on the nightstand, turning off my alarm. 6:30am. I desperately want to sleep in a little longer but since Rose is staying with me, I have to do the school runs again. So fun.

I drag myself out of bed and go to my en suite. I have a quick shower before brushing my teeth and starting on my skincare. Of course using The Outset products. After I finish up, I make my way to Rose's bedroom. I slowly open the door and walk towards her bed, sitting beside her small body.

"Morning baby girl, it's time to wake up." I say softy, stroking her head. Eventually, Rose shifts in her sleep then slowly opens her eyes.
"Hi mama.." She mumbles, grabbing my free arm to cuddle.

I laugh at her antics before picking her up into my arms - somehow whilst Rose was still holding onto one arm.

After helping Rose in the bathroom, I carry her down to the kitchen, where I let her sit at the dining table whilst I sort out breakfast.

"What would you like for breakfast baby?" I ask, looking through the cupboards.
"Hmm..Pancakes!" Rose requests excitedly. "Coming right up!" I reply as I grab all the ingredients. I place the plate of pancakes in front of Rose before preparing my own breakfast.

We make it to Rose's school. Thankfully there aren't many paparazzi around so todays drop off was calm. I crouch down to Rose's level, giving her a kiss on her forehead and pulling her into a hug.

"I love you mama." Rose states as we break off the hug.
"I love you too baby, have fun at school!" I smile before she runs off to find her friends. I laugh before getting into my car to head to work.

Today will be the final blind auditions before the battle rounds. Currently, my team has twelve contestants, with four spaces left. I love everyone on my team and they're all so talented! I can see the improvement in their abilities already during rehearsals. However, there's one contestant that's..different? I don't know..

I make it to the studio and into the coaches lounge. I notice Alicia and Kelly getting their makeup done whilst Blake is sat on the couch talking on the phone.

"Hello ladies." I greet the women as I sit on my chair, ready to get my makeup done.
"Hey Scar, you came in unusually late." Alicia mentions.
"Yeah, are you okay?" Kelly asks with genuine concern.
"I'm fine I just had to drop off my daughter at school." I reveal.

"Oh I didn't know you had your daughter, I thought she was with her father." Kelly states, whilst a makeup artist begins blending foundation on my face.
"Yeah I didn't either..Her father dropped her off without letting me know." I say, trying my best not to show how I really feel about this situation.

I could sense both Alicia and Kelly didn't want to push me overboard so they let the conversation go and spoke about other things, making me eternally grateful. Once my hair and makeup was done, I made my way to my dressing room. I only had around 20 minutes to get dressed before we had to go to the studio for the blind auditions. Thankfully, I already have an outfit ready so I don't have to waste time picking out what to wear.

 Thankfully, I already have an outfit ready so I don't have to waste time picking out what to wear

I put on my cropped blazer, just as I hear a knock at the door.
"Scar? Can I come in?" Kelly asks from the other side of the door.
"Yes!" I yell back, just loud enough so she can hear me. Without another moment, Kelly walks in, closing the door behind her.

"Hey what's up?" I question, putting on my jewellery.
"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I could sense something was off earlier." she explains. I sigh, placing the last ring on my finger and looking up at her. Her eyes filled with comfort and compassion.

I take a brief moment before explaining, "Romain is disregarding his role as a father more and more. After we split up he tried to show how much he cares for Rose, but that didn't last long."
"How so?" Kelly asks, gesturing for us to sit on the couch.

"He shortens his time with her by dropping her off at my house without giving me notice, and I have to try to balance my hectic schedule whilst also caring for my daughter, who's completely clueless about this whole situation. I don't blame her, it's not her fault! She's only eight.." I try to hold back tears as I begin talking about Rose.

I could sense Kelly's eyes on me. We made eye contact and she gives me a sad smile. "Scar, it's not your fault either. You need to remember that." She begins speaking softly. Ultimately, I fail fighting back the tears, when one falls down my cheek. Kelly reaches over to the coffee table and grabs a tissue before handing it to me. As I wipe away the tears, Kelly starts speaking again.

"You are an incredible mother, Rose is so lucky to have you. Romain is a dick and doesn't deserve either one of you. I for one am glad you dumped his ungrateful ass." I laugh at her comment, pulling her into a hug.
"Thank you for checking up on me. I really needed it." I semi-whisper.

We break the hug from another knock at the door.
"We're ready for you!" A crew member calls out. I grab my phone before we both walk out to the studio.

It's finally the commercial break. There has been so many incredible acts today. Blake and Kelly have a full team, leaving Alicia and I left. I look over to my fellow coaches, noticing they're all on their phones, so not wanting to be left out, I pull out my phone.

I leave a quick message to my nanny to make sure Rose is doing well after school. I wouldn't normally do this, as I don't have Rose with me at this time. But thanks to my shitty ex, I have to figure out how to juggle work and taking care of my daughter. Don't get me wrong, I love having Rose with me, but when I have her staying with me out of the blue and i'm not prepared? That makes me look like a fucked up mom.

The work day has finally ended. It's now 5:45pm and i've arrived back home. I walk into the living room to see Rose and her nanny snuggled up on the couch, watching a movie.

"Mama!" Rose squeals, running towards me when she notices me in the room.
"Hi baby girl, did you have a good time with Annie?" I pick her up into an embrace.
"Yes! We watched your movies mama!" Rose explains excitedly. I carry her to the couch, sitting down with her on my lap.
"Oh really? Which ones?" I question, brushing hair away from her face.
"Sing! Both of them!" She beams. I smile at her cuteness before we continue to watch the movie together.

Annie leaves a little while later, allowing me to take care of bedtime for Rose. As I tuck her into bed, kissing her forehead, Rose falls fast asleep. Not long after I go straight to bed.

A/n Shitty chapter I know-