Lovely

Y/n's POV

I woke up to my phone ringing. I glance over to the clock on the wall, 8:20am. Ugh. People really need to learn that I ain't a morning person. I sigh before grabbing my phone to answer the call.

"Hello?" I mumble out in tiredness.
"Oh God did I wake you?" Scarlett questions. Usually I would be annoyed when someone wakes me this early, but this time it's Scarlett. I smile and sit up in bed, waking myself up more.

"Don't worry about it, what's up?"
"Well I have a free day today, do you want to come over for rehearsals for the Battle rounds?" Scarlett asks.
"Sure what time?" I try to hold back a yawn, but failed. I could hear Scarlett giggle over the phone.
"How about 11. Gives you enough time to wake up." She jokes. I roll my eyes, knowing she can't see me.
"Perfect. See you then."
"See you soon, sleepyhead." She replies before ending the call.

I smile for a brief moment before getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom. I did my skincare as well as brush my teeth before heading out to the kitchen. It's unusually quiet this morning, considering the other day I woke up to a fucking concert which I didn't ask for. I decided to check in on Ellis, so I slowly open his bedroom door.

I walk into his bedroom to see him flopped on the bed fast asleep, next to his life size pillow of Scarlett Johansson. Yeah you heard me. Life size..

I quietly walk back out to the kitchen and prepare a basic breakfast for myself. I'm never usually hungry in the morning so I don't eat a lot. I decide to scroll through Instagram as I eat, since I haven't been active on there since I went on The Voice. I go through and reply to some comments before I put away the dishes and go to get ready for rehearsal.

I wasn't really fussed about an outfit today, so I threw on whatever I found in my closet.

I curled my hair a little so it had some waves, then put it up in a ponytail, leaving some strands out to frame my face

I curled my hair a little so it had some waves, then put it up in a ponytail, leaving some strands out to frame my face. I then applied some concealer, I needed a lot to cover the bags under my eyes, as well as some bronzer and some brow products.

Once I was ready I checked the time on my phone, 10:35. I mentally pat myself on the shoulder for being ready so early. I write a note on a post-it for Ellis, just so he doesn't go ballistic when he wakes up and sees i'm not home. I leave it on the kitchen island, before grabbing my purse, keys, phone and heading out to my car.

I make it to Scarlett's and, like usual, I text her letting her know. The gate opens and I walk towards the front door to see Rose jumping up and down.

"Y/n!!" She squeals, running up to me. I laugh and pick her up into a hug.
"Hey Rosie how are you?" I ask as I gently put her back down.
"I'm good! Mama said Daddy is coming and we're going to the park!" The small blonde explains.
"That sounds like fun Rose!" I reply. Rose takes ahold of my hand and leads me into her home. However, instead of leading me to the studio, I end up in her bedroom instead.

"Y/n play with me!" Rose says, handing me a Black Widow doll. It's so cute how she has a doll of her mom's character.
"I wish I could Rosie but I have to go rehearse with your mommy." I explain softly. Rose looks at me with sad eyes but nods, taking the doll from me. She then reaches in for a quick hug then runs to her toy box to play.

I smile at the child, before leaving the room to go to the studio. I notice the studio door was closed so I knock as I don't want to barge in.

"Come in!" The familiar voice calls out. I walk in to see Scarlett smiling at me. She walks over to me, giving me a quick hug. I look around the studio and notice another face.

"Oh Y/n, this is Andrew. Andrew, Y/n" Scarlett introduces us.
"Nice to meet you." The tall man spoke.
"Andrew will be the one who you'll be going up against in the Battle round." Scarlett explains. I nod in understanding.

We spent the afternoon working on our performance. We decided to sing 'Lovely' by Billie Eilish as that's a popular song for the Battle rounds.
"Okay let's go through this one last time. Andrew remember to take deep breaths when necessary." Scarlett says. She was really in her coaching mode today. Scarlett presses play on the track and I begin to sing.

Thought I found a way
Thought I found a way out (found)
But you never go away (never go away)
So I guess I gotta stay now

Both Andrew and I began singing the next verse,

Oh, I hope some day I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear

I take a deep breath before singing the chorus,

Isn't it lovely, all alone?
Heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Tear me to pieces, skin to bone
Hello, welcome home

We finished singing the rest of the song a few more times, until Andrew had to leave for an appointment. Scarlett and I decided to work on my parts of the song some more. So I began singing the pre chorus and chorus again.

I finish the last note, when all of a sudden we get disturbed by Rose running into the studio, extremely upset.

"Mommy!" Rose sobbed as she ran into her mothers arms.
"Oh baby what's wrong?" Scarlett asks worried as she comforts her daughter.
"D-daddy said he didn't want to go to the park with me..He called me mean names!" The small child wept into Scarlett's shoulder.
"Where's Daddy, baby?" Scarlett asks her daughter, softly.
"On the couch.." Rose mumbled. I look to Scarlett, her face filled with pure anger.

"I'm sorry Y/n, just give me a moment." She says before walking out the studio with Rose in her arms.

Oh shit..