Falling

Y/n's POV

It's been a couple days since the blind audition..and I haven't texted Scarlett yet. I know I should but what the fuck do I even say? Ellis has been yelling at me nonstop because I won't text her. I even caught him on my phone at one point, about to hit 'send' on a text to her.

Ellis has gone to the gym this morning so I'm home alone, laying in bed, listening to some music. Artic Monkeys to be precise.

I scroll through Instagram to see my notifications flooded with comments on my recent post. The curiosity in me grows so I click on the post and scan through the comments.

'SCARLETT'S BRAND'S ACCOUNT LIKED AND FOLLOWED'
'OMG SCARLETT JOHANSSON PRACTICALLY FOLLOWED YOU'
'UGH SO JEALOUS OF YOU'

Huh? Confused, I check my followers to see The Outset did indeed follow me. Weird. What would a skincare brand do with following an unknown singer?

I feel as though this is the best opportunity to talk to Scarlett, so I go on to messages and begin typing. I had saved her number in my phone the day she gave me it.

Y/n: So did you request your brand's social media team to follow me? ;)

Scarlett Johansson: Uh of course not! That was just a coincidence!

Y/n: Right right. So when do we have our first rehearsal?

Scarlett Johansson: Today, if you're free

Y/n: Sounds good

Scarlett Johansson: Great! Come to this address then text me when you've arrived
Scarlett Johansson: *Address*

Y/n: See you soon :)

Okay shit. I wasn't planning on going out today, I only asked about rehearsal to continue the conversation.

I jump out of bed and run for a quick shower. Afterwards, I change into a pair of black jeans along with a green sweatshirt. I tuck the sweatshirt so it looks more cropped before adding my favourite pieces of jewellery and putting on my converse.

 I tuck the sweatshirt so it looks more cropped before adding my favourite pieces of jewellery and putting on my converse

I wasn't fussed about my hair so I blow dry it and leave it in it's naturally wavy state. I then apply a little concealer and bronzer on my face and finish off with a lipgloss. I grab my purse, keys and phone before heading out the door.

I arrive at the address Scarlett requested I go to, so I send her a text letting her know I've arrived. I stand awkwardly beside the gated entrance, not knowing what to do. A few moments later, the gate opens and I notice Scarlett stood at the front door.

I make my way towards her a give her a small smile once I'm close enough.
"Hey, good to see you again" She shares.
We briefly hug before she guides me through the home.

As we make our way through the house, I look around in awe of the decor. Scarlett definitely knows how to decorate a house. We made it to her home studio. It was fully packed with the highest quality recording equipment. I couldn't help but squeal in excitement, like a little kid in a toy store.

We get comfortable on the couch in the studio before Scarlett begins speaking.

"So Y/n, what song would you like to sing today?" She asks
"Oh I don't know whatever you think would be best. You're the professional after all.." I successfully snuck in a compliment which she smiled at.
"Hm alright. How about 'Falling' by Harry Styles? I think the tone of that song would suit you really well." Scarlett admired.

"Oh uh-" I stop for a moment. I despise singing that song. Not because of the song itself but the feelings that hit me when I sing it. But I don't want Scarlett to know that part of my life.

I snap back into reality when I realise I've been quiet too long.
"Right, yeah that's fine." I say giving Scarlett a fake smile.
"Great! I'll set up the backing track." She beams as she goes towards the computer set up.

Once everything was sorted, Scarlett handed me a microphone and began to play the backing track. I take a couple deep breaths before singing the first verse.

I'm in my bed
And you're not here
And there's no one to blame but the drink in my wandering hands
Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back, I can't unpack the baggage you left

Fuck I can already feel the tears forming in my eyes. I try my best to hold them back as I continue singing.

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down? What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

I tried my hardest, but a tear managed to escape my eye as I sang the last note of the chorus. It wasn't until I sang the next lyrics, all hell broke loose.

You said you care
And you missed me too

I stop singing. Instead I began sobbing helplessly on the couch, fully aware that Scarlett Johansson is watching me.

"Oh Y/n honey what's wrong?" Scarlett asks softly as she sits besides, wrapping her arms around me.
"Is it the song? Do you not like the song? Or Harry?" She attempts to make me laugh. It failed but I appreciate her trying to help.

Scarlett rubs my back as I continue to sob, I don't even realise I leaned into her, resting my head against the crook of her neck.
"Shhh it's okay love. It's okay, I'm here." She consoles.

Love?

A few minutes of me sobbing went by, and I finally calmed down enough to actually speak.
"Thank you.." I whispered, still resting my head in the crook of her neck.
"You don't have to thank me for anything." She responds in a gentle tone.

We stay cuddled for a moment before I sit up. I look up to her. Her eyes filled with pure love and compassion. It's weird to say but, she felt like..home?