Easy on me

Y/n's POV
One Month Later

The last month has been nothing but hectic. I decided to follow Scarlett's advice and get a restraining order on my ex fiancé, from the fear of him possibly finding my whereabouts after the leaked pictures fiasco. The court allowed the restraining order around 2 weeks ago and I feel so much more comfortable now. Along with that, after switching teams, i've worked harder than ever before. We've gone through the Knockouts, Live Playoffs and the non competitive performances. I've managed to get through to the Semi Finals along with 8 other contestants. The Semi Finals will be in less than a week, December 17th. It is currently December 11th, and i'm on my way to a studio to rehearse with Kelly, my new coach.

I wasn't sure if i'd fit in with Kelly's team but since switching from Scarlett's, i've been welcomed with open arms. Kelly is so sweet and is so fun to be around.

I arrive to the studio, where a staff member directs me to the room where i'll be having rehearsals. I walk in to see Kelly already there.
"Hey there you are!" Kelly smiles. I walk over to her and we hug for a moment.
"Hi sorry i'm late." I apologise.
"Nonsense you're right on time. So I was thinking of a song you could perform for the Semi Finals." Kelly begins. I sit down beside her waiting for her to continue talking.
"Well obviously I want my team to win, mainly to beat Alicia, so I think you should sing something that challenges you slightly. What do you think?" Kelly smiles. I think for a moment before nodding in agreement.

After a few minutes of throwing song titles back and forth, we mutually decided on 'Easy on Me' by Adele. If you want a song that challenges you, any song by Adele will do just that.

Kelly hands me a mic whilst the person in charge of the sound sets up the backing track. He gives me a thumbs up and I take a deep breath before singing the first verse.

There ain't no gold in this river
That I've been washin' my hands in forever
I know there is hope in these waters
But I can't bring myself to swim
When I am drowning in this silence
Baby, let me in

"So beautiful" Kelly compliments as I prepare to sing the chorus.

Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me
I had no time to choose
What I chose to do
So go easy on me

There ain't no room for things to change
When we are both so deeply stuck in our ways
You can't deny how hard I've tried
I changed who I was to put you both first
But now I give up

I finish the final line as the backing track ends. Kelly claps in excitement before gasping dramatically.
"Oh my is Adele in here? No? Well it sure sounded like it!" Kelly exaggerates. I laugh at her comments, blushing slightly.
"Oh come on I can't be that good!" I sigh.
"Y/n trust me, if you don't get through to the finals then America is stupid." Kelly states. I laugh at her bluntness.
"Well i'm not lying!" Kelly defends. We both laugh before continuing the rehearsal.

I walk into my apartment, locking the door before throwing my keys on the side table. The apartment is dark so I assume Ellis is fast asleep, as it's also past midnight. Rehearsal took longer than expected as Kelly is a perfectionist so she wanted to ensure the performance was better than all my other performances. I quickly walk to my room, making sure I don't wake Ellis up. I change into my PJs and go into the bathroom to do my skincare.

I ran out of all my Outset products, I was going to buy some more, however since Scarlett and I aren't on speaking terms, I figure that it would be weird using her brand's products. So i've started using The Ordinary, and to be honest it has helped my skin so much.. Perhaps better than The Outset?

After I finish my skincare routine, I go lay in bed and go through my social media. Majority of the comments on my Instagram were people wishing me luck on The Voice, however there were still a lot of comments questioning things about Scarlett and I. I turn off my phone, leaving it on the nightstand. I sigh and attempt to fall asleep.

It's been a month. I should be over it by now.

Why can't I get over it?